FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King Kukulele's big 40th w/ live performance by The Smokin' Menehunes!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
King Kukulele's big 40th w/ live performance by The Smokin' Menehunes!
annalulu
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-06 7:24 pm   Permalink

I'll be there along with a few others. Whoo!

View Profile of annalulu Send a personal message to annalulu  Email annalulu Goto the website of annalulu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-11-06 10:34 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:\|]kdkkdkdklslkdl

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 10:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 22:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:|]kdkkdkdklslkdl

Well hell, since you asked,
I'd like to see a mud-wrestling match between the King, and our beautiful Miss Cherry Capri!
But that’s another day.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 22:34, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious.

We got to get FloraTina to do the cake dance!! I'm sure King would get a kick out of it!!! Maybe C'Al could support it with his nuts too. Any "organizers" out there think you could arrange and pull this off?

p.s. and then there's always the run by, Pie to the Face, stealth, political, thing. Watch out king!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 8:04 pm   Permalink

If there was one event that I'm saddened about missing, it's this one.

King Kukulele is one of the hippest people of all time and I'm lucky and honored to know him and call him "friend."

A terrific singer, songwriter, entertainer, philosopher and a darn snappy dresser.

Sire,
I hope this year brings so much happiness and satisfaction that you have to sell some off.

Enjoy your subjects' accolades and well wishes, Your Majesty.

Long Live the King.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 10:00 am   Permalink

Tiki Bong said:
"Hey, I'm not getting touchie-y-feelie here, but let's come up with some audience participation that will really make the evening ferocious!

I don't think we should roast our beloved King, because he's a sensitive artist, but let's have a bit of fun, shall we:|]kdkkdkdklslkdl"

I'm not sure what "kdkkdkdklslkdl" means.
Now I do not want to hi-jack the original intentions of originalal theme (if there was one) of the King's Birthday party, but the term "Mad Hatters Tea Party" keeps comming to mind. No strict interpretations, just wacky.

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki on 2004-11-10 10:14 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-12 5:34 pm   Permalink

Tikibelle and I have made our reservation. See you all Friday.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 10:52 am   Permalink

Monkeyman IN.

Bong I'll be over early for the pre-party

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 12:14 pm   Permalink

Man, I hope Sam's can recover after this one.
I will be in Huntington Beach on Thursday at the Hyatt. Anyone want to hang for a cocktail, please let me know with a PM.
I look forward to this event.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krustiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 12:39 pm   Permalink

Can anybody recommend a hotel / motel within crawling distance from Sam's?
Ookoo Lady and I,Krustiki, want to plan to not drive home and possibly do dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica State Beach. You know, post- apocalyptic, morning after, bon-fire ukuelele, bongo, konga, guitar jam, binge sort of thing. And who knows, surf may be up.

[ This Message was edited by: Krustiki on 2004-11-16 12:41 ]

View Profile of Krustiki Send a personal message to Krustiki  Email Krustiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 12:50 pm   Permalink

Krustiki-
Right next door to Sam's is a Motel called "777 Motel". You might want to stay there. It is only a walk across the parking-lot. I don't know if it is nice but it is walking distance and you would not have to drive at all after leaving a fun time at Sam's.

[ This Message was edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-11-16 12:51 ]

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-11-16 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-16 12:39, Krustiki wrote:
Can anybody recommend a hotel / motel within crawling distance from Sam's?
Ookoo Lady and I,Krustiki, want to plan to not drive home and possibly do dawn patrol at Bolsa Chica State Beach. You know, post- apocalyptic, morning after, bon-fire ukuelele, bongo, konga, guitar jam, binge sort of thing. And who knows, surf may be up.

Krustiki,

Bolsa Chica State beach tower 17 is my hang out. I'd be into bringing a couple of boards down that Saturday. Remind me Friday night at the gig (oh yeah, and tell me who you are).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-16 6:28 pm   Permalink

Were in! See ya'all on Friday.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 7:33 pm   Permalink

Reservations made. Accommodations set. see ya friday.

[ This Message was edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2004-11-16 22:12 ]

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 9:39 pm   Permalink

My board will be in the van ready to go if there's a possible TC surf session.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation