FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Save your pennies - Disneyland's 50th is going to have some great Tiki Room items!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Save your pennies - Disneyland's 50th is going to have some great Tiki Room items!
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 3:40 pm   Permalink

OK - so this post is a total tease, (and I'll mention specifics when I've been allowed to) - but Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily are going to have some truely awesome Enchanted Tiki Room collectables available to purchase next year, for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary! They are creating over 200 different items related to classic Disneyland attractions, circa 1955 - 1972...

Like I said - I'll mention specifics when I can - for now I've been asked not to!

But start saving those puka shells...

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 3:45 pm   Permalink

I can whole-heartedly echo this tease... I also have been asked to keep it under my hat, but I feel comfortable saying that we're going to be very, very happy campers. Kevin and Jody do top-notch work and are serious tikiphiles, these items are going to be beautiful and very in keeping with the original spirit of the Enchanted Tiki Room.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 4:11 pm   Permalink

CURSES! I'm on the east coast, and have no California connections. Perhaps I shall have to bribe someone who lives near there. Muah hahahhaha. (Evil laugh)

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 6:23 pm   Permalink

I've seen a sculpt of something really big! I am not sure if the boys had something to do with this one but it is the biggest one to date in the tiki world.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-10-27 6:33 pm   Permalink

I've got 3 pennies saved up already!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-27 9:52 pm   Permalink

I knew 20 years of annual passes, and hardly any tiki trinkets to buy all those 20 years would mock me if I moved away! I have four pennies! I hope they put some tiki designs in one of those squished penny machines!

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-10-27 21:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ZebraTiki on 2004-10-27 21:54 ]

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 01:12 am   Permalink

the bird on my fence told me about a little hush-hush as well. It seems everyone knows, but nobodies talking.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 11:49 am   Permalink

Hmmm...I think our Westcoast Tiki Road Trip 2005, which happens to end at Disneyland, will have to be scheduled around this fantastic event!

I know that the tiki room is supposed to re-open in May, I wonder when this bash is taking place? Hmmm?

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 12:01 pm   Permalink

Aaaah! Puka shells, puka shells, where did I put those puka shells... <sounds of rummaging, things falling in the closet, more rummaging>...

Darn it! no puka shells! I'll just have to scrape some cash up into a great big ol' itty-bitty pile & use that instead.

Seriously, does anyone have a good guess as to pricing of these unspeakable collectables?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 12:25 pm   Permalink

Pricing... I think I can mention pricing...
It will be comparable to the Tiki Room "Big Fig" model by Larry Nikolai, which is now sold out I am told...
If that is the case - things will certainly be affordable. I mean - it's not like buying a Stockton Islander menu or anything....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 1:08 pm   Permalink

For those of us 'not in the know', what "types" of items will they have. I know there will be a 50th anniv mug (previously posted by Holden). Mugs, shirts, figures, etc....??

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 6:21 pm   Permalink

Ok, there are alot of different threads about The Enchanted Tiki Room, and I didn't want to start a whole new one, so I thought Tangaroa's "Save Your Pennies" thread would be the most appropriate (sort of) to add my latest discovery. Forgive me if this was already mentioned.

I was at Disneyland on Christmas Day and while strolling through the arcade with my little girl looking for new pressed penny designs to add to her collection, I found this one:

I thought it was cool and got one for .51 cents.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 8:06 pm   Permalink

SCD- That pressed penny is the coolest! You only got one?!

Y'all don't even want to know how easily amused I get over pressed pennies! Let's just say the best results are from super shiny new pennies, and guess who always has a secret stash of them.

If anyone else gets an extra one of these, I have other pennies we could trade, including other Disney & some Bay Area destinations.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-27 8:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks tanga! You always bring some cool news!

Looks like it's about time to upgrade those disney passes...

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 09:01 am   Permalink

Did someone say squished pennies??

http://www.squished.com/featuresnew/features_101.html

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-12-28 09:01 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation