FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Save your pennies - Disneyland's 50th is going to have some great Tiki Room items!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Save your pennies - Disneyland's 50th is going to have some great Tiki Room items!
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 10:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for the show-n-tell, SCD, and thanks for the Squished Penny Museum link, 8FT Tiki! I collect those too.

Interesting: I see (under "Meet the Curators") that one of the Squished Penny Museum overlords also collects tiki mugs.

Would any Disneyland pass holder be willing to pick me up an Enchanted Tiki Room penny sometime? (With proper reimbursement and/or bribery.)

[ This Message was edited by: Erika on 2004-12-28 10:46 ]

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Leanalynn

Posted: 2004-12-28 11:37 am   Permalink

For you penny collectors, you can go to city hall and they will give you a list of all the available pressed pennies in the park, and I think their locations. I warn you though, be prepared to spend a fortune if you want all of them!

Leana

View Profile of Leanalynn Send a personal message to Leanalynn  Email Leanalynn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 1:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Interesting: I see (under "Meet the Curators") that one of the Squished Penny Museum overlords also collects tiki mugs.

Yes Erika, I first learned of these folks when our local PBS station aired a segment on a show called "Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations" This is a really neat program that originated here in Kansas City on KCPT channel 19. I think some other PBS stations have picked up the show. Basically, the program features 3 members of the tv stations staff who take these roadtrips and look for weird things along the way. They focus on the works of local folk artists who are famous or infamous and they love to film the giant statues and big muffler men etc.
I saw the guy at the penny museum had some mugs behind him in one of the interview segments.

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-12-28 13:57 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation