Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Octane's Mugs
Octane's Mugs
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 6:11 pm   Permalink

Hi i have a couple of mug designs that i'm currently working on and looking to get made in the near future, and i wanted to get some feedback if TCer's think these are good ideas and something you would be interested in.

thank you

the mugs sculpts are in wax right now.

the first is my tiki torch mug, the colors would be bamboo color for the base, black for the canister and white for the wick.

close up of the top, the wick area is hollow so it can really be a torch with some 151

the base

not sure if i would make it three peceice with the lid, canister, and the base or make it 2 peices combining the base and canister.

this second one is of a tiki i carved a little while ago.

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 6:50 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-10-28 18:11, Octane wrote:
....something you would be interested in.

Where is the list for this one? Put me on it. Very nice Octane!

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 7:46 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:28 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 7:47 pm   Permalink

count me in

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kimcheebref
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-28 8:07 pm   Permalink

Nice mugs, now where do I send my money?

View Profile of kimcheebref Send a personal message to kimcheebref  Email kimcheebref     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-28 8:19 pm   Permalink

Way to go Octane. I really like the tiki mug.
The torch is cool but it looks like it would have a high breakability rating. Especially if it was three piece deal.
Keep us posted on the progress.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ElDiablo_Rojo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-10-28 8:34 pm   Permalink

The Tiki looks very kool and the torch is very unique. I'm in for one each!

View Profile of ElDiablo_Rojo Send a personal message to ElDiablo_Rojo  Email ElDiablo_Rojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Ragin' Rarotongan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 06:47 am   Permalink

Great work as always Owen, you are the man. Let me know when you have these avalable and also when you start carving again, I would love to get more of your work.

Aaron
"Want a beer?'"...."It's 7:00 in the morning!"...."Scotch?"...."Not during working hours."

View Profile of The Ragin' Rarotongan Send a personal message to The Ragin' Rarotongan  Email The Ragin' Rarotongan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 07:08 am   Permalink

I'll take 2 torch mugs, and one of the other. Very nice. Great idea too. Aloha!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 09:22 am   Permalink

Looks great! I dont recall ever seeing a Maori style mug before. Look forward to seeing it in ceramic!

tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Octane
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-10-29 6:12 pm   Permalink

thanks everyone for comments.

Congolio, i think your right the torch in three peice would be very breakable. i might have to do some redesigning like making the slats at the base bigger, so instead of alot of slat maybe only 4 of them, making them wider and stronger.

these are just kind of rough draft sculpts, i think i might do a little more designing and tinkering. i show any changes i come up with and let people know when they actually start getting made.

thanks again

View Profile of Octane Send a personal message to Octane      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation