FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving "Idol Hands" New painting by Heather Watts page2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
"Idol Hands" New painting by Heather Watts page2
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 7:45 pm   Permalink

Have yourself a tiki little Christmas Everyone!

"Rudolf the Red-Nosed Tiki"

Christmas Cards available online at
TheArtDeck.com (Guarenteed to arrive in time for Christmas when you order by midnight, Sunday December 14.)

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-12-07 20:18 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 8:34 pm   Permalink

Thanks Travellin' tiki, and you too. This is a special card, thanks for sharing and the thoughtfulness. You Can do some Sane stuff after all

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:11 pm   Permalink

Thanks Heather, same to you too. Your website is looking really great. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
I love your work!
Seamus

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:19 pm   Permalink

Brings to mind Hot Apple Cider and "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" ....and that's a good thing.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:22 pm   Permalink

AHA! You just added the Flying Fez Monkeys didn't you? Either that or I've gone mad.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coconut KC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-08 01:17 am   Permalink

What cool work! I sent the link to my girlfriend, I'm going to cross my fingers for a swank stocking stuffer come christmas morning!

I love the mood your paintings set off in my head. I could stare at them all day....I think I will....ahhh sweet tikis....mother,father.....secret lover.....

View Profile of Coconut KC Send a personal message to Coconut KC  Email Coconut KC     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 12:37 pm   Permalink

Benzart -

Quote:
You Can do some Sane stuff after all

Don't worry. It won't happen again.

Seamus - Thanks man! I love your stuff too. Don't know if I told you but you're linked on my site now.

JT - Yes, you are crazy. This confirms it.

CKC - You crack me up. Don't be stingy on the hints with your girlfriend...

ps. your reactions have given me the idea of trying to make a free e-card out of this image that people can customize & send from my website. I have no idea what I'm doing, so don't hold your breath, but I'll keep y'all posted on it.

Mele Kalikimaka!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 12:59 pm   Permalink

TT,

That would be so nice of you! Let us know if you can.

Mahalo

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 10:11 pm   Permalink

Well, e-cards would have been fun, but I'm afraid a nice case of the pre-christmas flu stopped that idea in its tracks. Maybe I'll get some together for Valentines day... I do have that racy little hula girl from "Come & get your lei" available on cards now....

Anyway, it's been a while! Things are going good though & I just signed up to vend at Oasis (which I can't WAIT for!!!) so hopefully I'll see some of you there. Until then though, here's my newest tiki pic for your viewing pleasure. It's an illustration for that rockin' little book tikilee's putting together. Many thanks to Satan's Sin for the FANTASTIC story. Prints are available
here

"Idol Hands"
5 1/2" x 8 1/2" Acrylic on cardboard

TheArtDeck.com(dont forget the "the")

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2005-01-25 22:20 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-25 10:25 pm   Permalink

hmmmmm, time for me to rescue another dame in distress?

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

idol hands
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-01-28 8:01 pm   Permalink

Very nice work and a catchy title too. How's the tiki scene in Vancouver? When I was there about two years ago there was nothing to be seen

View Profile of idol hands Send a personal message to idol hands  Email idol hands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-31 12:12 am   Permalink

The tiki scene in Vancouver is finally getting off the ground! All last year I thought it was well, just me pretty much. But there's a tiki bar in North Vancouver now (which happens to be 4 blocks from my house) and we also have a real life retro / tiki decor store which opened this july funhauser.com! There's a one night only gallery that puts on an annual tiki art show as well & I know there are a few carvers working out of Surrey who I just haven't had a chance to meet in person yet. The guys at Funhauser (Peter & Alan) are fantastic & totally into getting things going with tiki in Vancouver. We will probably even have some sort of 'event' within the next few years & I'm planning to eventually add a 'local' section to my website to keep track of all the tiki stuff around town.

Loungecore

Posted: 2005-02-10 6:01 pm   Permalink

I LOVE your artwork. That's amazing that you get shown at the M Modern. I dream of someday having a show, even being in a group show, at La Lauz De Jesus, M Modern, Roq or any other gallery. I love your lighting. My website isn't up yet for a week or so but I've tried posting my Yma Sumac portrait here for you. I would love your feedback!
-Josh

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5dc31b3127cce907c2bcbe20300000016109QcNGbFw4s[img]

View Profile of Loungecore Send a personal message to Loungecore  Goto the website of Loungecore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loungecore

Posted: 2005-02-10 6:02 pm   Permalink

I LOVE your artwork. That's amazing that you get shown at the M Modern. I dream of someday having a show, even being in a group show, at La Lauz De Jesus, M Modern, Roq or any other gallery. I love your lighting. My website isn't up yet for a week or so but I've tried posting my Yma Sumac portrait here for you. I would love your feedback!
-Josh

View Profile of Loungecore Send a personal message to Loungecore  Goto the website of Loungecore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-11 08:41 am   Permalink

Looking forward to getting more of your art at Oasis V!

TBird.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-02-11 08:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation