FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hooptylau 2004 Pics and stories
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hooptylau 2004 Pics and stories
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 11:28 pm   Permalink

to answer the jab and if anyone else was wondering the punch was trader vics tonga punch. here is the recipe. it is quite yummy!

1 qt puerto rican rum
1 qt oj
1 pt lemon juice
juice of 8 limes
10 oz curacao
4 oz grenadine

i also want to apologize to vic's van for not doing a hooptylau sing-a-long at our house. we were under the assumtion that you had sang the song in the van because that is what we did. so i'm sorry you missed out on that.

thanks for the reminder tikivixen! i forgot to say thanks on chesters (that's our cat) behalf for all of the attention he received in the "VIP" room. he really enjoyed it!

i will post some pics of the dark marq room in locating tiki in the coming days.

thanks again to everyone. we had a great time and look forward to future events here at the dark marq!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-02 08:54 am   Permalink

Great pictures, Humu. That really helps fill in a lot of the gaps from the night for me and others I'm sure. (Look, Jab! You really did go back to Minnie's!)

With your permission, here's my favorite sequence of pictures:

Arrival at the Dark Marq room. As you can make out in the back, the drunks begin to circle the bar....

One of the drunks begins sniffing around the bottles....

The bottles please the creature.

They begin to mark out their territory

The drunks on the left have staked out positions of dominance and cling to the bar with resolute determination, while the drunk in the back continues to sniff around the paper goods. Seeing the death grip on the bar, the drunk on the right begins to circle nervously, looking for a place to nest...

...but is greeted with a snarl from the drunk in the back who sensed a threatening presence. Drunk on the right flees! Meanwhile, center drunk begins to press his fingernails into the handrail.

Safely in position, the drunks become entranced with the movements of the native drunk, who explains the rituals indigenous to his territory.

15 minutes later

40 minutes later

1 hour later.

Center drunk's death grip has now snapped a section of bamboo bar rail off and holds it as a weapon in his crossed arms, perhaps eyeing new drunk on the right.

2 hours later.

Now sufficiently lubricated, one of the drunks launches into a ritual dance, or "drunk fu".

[ This Message was edited by: martiki on 2004-11-02 08:57 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:32 pm   Permalink

"This has been Tiki Wild Kingdom, with your host, Martin Perkins!"

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 6:13 pm   Permalink

A few more from the Hooptywow

This last one deserves some sort of caption, note the pig's ass to the left.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 18:13, Jungle Trader wrote:
This last one deserves some sort of caption, note the pig's ass to the left.

No! Don't pull his finger!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-03 3:28 pm   Permalink

Hooptylau pictures!

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDFk2bt3LA

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-01-03 7:16 pm   Permalink

MORE PHOTOS:
http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeBMXDFk2bt3hg
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation