FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Ugh House Party-Oakland ,CA November 6, 2004
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Ugh House Party-Oakland ,CA November 6, 2004
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 11:56 am   Permalink

Saturday , November 6 will possibly be the LAST time I will have a public showing of the world famous Ugh House bar, "The Enchanted Drinking Room". I am hosting this party in honor of James' visit to the SF Bay Area.
The party will start at 8pm.

[ This Message was edited by: MRSMILEY on 2004-11-08 10:16 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 11:58 am   Permalink

An UGH house viewing is one of my holy grails! Looks like a drive up I-5 is in my future....

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 1:44 pm   Permalink

Finally! I'll get to see the Ugh house!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-01 2:19 pm   Permalink

And I just happen to find myself in the east bay that day. What a happy coincidence.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 2:31 pm   Permalink

I am humbled and thankful that the last party at the Ugh House is being held in honor of my visit. Even better that Martiki, Tiki-Bot, and - can it be true? - Humuhumu may show up. Looking forward to seeing you all there. MAHALOS and MAURURUS TO BRUCE!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-01 2:42 pm   Permalink

I'll be there too. It will be great to see all you folks again!

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 4:26 pm   Permalink

Anyone coming out of town, I am about a five minute ride from these Oakland Airport area hotels; (yahoo prices shown)
Days Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum
Travelocity Rating
Rate: From $77.13 | 510 568-1880
8350 Edes Ave
Oakland, CA

Comfort Inn And Suites
Travelocity Rating
Rate: From $104 | 510-568-1500
8452 Edes Ave
Oakland, CA

La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport
Travelocity Rating
Rate: From $90.26 | 510-632-8900
8465 Enterprise Way
Oakland, CA

or $49 two people at the Motel6 online at the website
www.motel6.com
8480 EDES AVE
I-880/NIMITZ FWY AT HEGENBERGER RD
OAKLAND, CA, USA, 94621
510-638-1180

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 4:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-01 11:58, Humuhumu wrote:
An UGH house viewing is one of my holy grails! Looks like a drive up I-5 is in my future....

Hope you can make it!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-01 16:28, mrsmiley wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-11-01 11:58, Humuhumu wrote:

Hope you can make it!

I'm definitely going to be there, I can't miss this. For those who don't know, aside from having a tiki bar, the UGH house also has a volcano. And a goat. A live goat. I've not seen the UGH house with my own eyes, only a few (disturbing) pictures, and I cannot let this opportunity slip me by. I will be there.

I won't be driving up until Saturday, though... pablus is going to be here in town and I must be on hand to run to the liquor store for the Mikes once pablus has drunk Tiki-Ti dry. (Also, my friend Michael Hussar has a show opening at La Luz that night just down the street... yet another jampacked Humu weekend!)

TikiVixen... since I'm driving up and I now have a trunk that's functional, I can finally pick up my artwork from Portland from you!

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 9:12 pm   Permalink

cleen and i are in! her aunt gave us their season tickets for the niner game the next day so we'll make it a weekend trip. we look forward to meeting james. smiley we need directions to you place can you pm me your address.

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat on 2004-11-01 23:00 ]

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 9:18 pm   Permalink

Obviously, wild horses, er, goats, couldn't keep me from making *this* party! Humu, your artwork is whiffling eagerly at the mere thought of finally seeing you and Bamboo Handbag again!!!

XOX tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-01 11:40 pm   Permalink

Man o man, we've got an all-star line-up in place for this one... if I wasn't ALREADY coming 2500 miles for this party, I would now!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-02 2:57 pm   Permalink

What a great week in the Bay Area! First the Hooptylau, then Trader Vic's San Francisco opening, JT's visit starting Thursday, and now a party at the Ugh house. It doesn't get much better than this ... and I leave for Spain in 2 weeks!

Anyway, I won't miss this party!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-04 10:14 am   Permalink

Cool. We're going to hit the SF Vic's on the way up and then see ya all at Bruce's place! mahalo Mr. Smiley.

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:17 pm   Permalink

Hey gang -- I'm bringing a couple people with me, one is a date (oooooooooh! a first date, at that -- please don't scare him off), and the other is a friend of mine from Seattle.

The Seattle friend's name is Adrian, he recently moved to SF, so he's eager to make new friends. He was involved in my mechanical bull and clowning escapades in Seattle, so he's a little off in the head just like us. He's a good guy, you'll like him. Since I'm going to be on a date, he'll be arriving separately, and may get there before I do--please do all you can to make him feel welcome until I get there!

This is Adrian on the right:

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation