FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Star Wars Holiday Special
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Star Wars Holiday Special
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 11:17 am   Permalink

Oops! Saturday is too soon. I'm on a work deadline for Monday and will be working all weekend, taking time out only for Bruce's party, a few meals and a couple of winks.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 11:22 am   Permalink

Just a warning........this movie is BAD. not bad in a campy way, not bad in a "it's cute for kids way", ......it is horrible.

Rumor was Lucas actually tried to get all the original copies back off the market because it was so horrible. Thats why you always see 8th generation copies off TV.

Couple of points of interest though. In the original movies (before the "special edition" re-releases of Star Wars) ,Boba Fett was not seen until Empire Strikes back. But he is in the cartoon section of the Christmas Special, so technically it was the first sighting of Boba Fett.

Also, rumor is that Lucas uses the whole "wookie tree village" from the x-mas special in the upcoming 3rd prequel.

Yeah, I'm a star wars geek.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 11:33 am   Permalink

OK, this Saturday at the Pineapples' is out, I've got an email out to Bruce, but I suspect that showing it at the UGH party won't be the best option. I'll try for another venue pre-UGH (could probably just do it in my hotel room), or we can save it and do it in a few weeks at the Pineapples' (or another location, if anyone else is interested and the timing doesn't work out for the Pineapples).

BTW, a coworker just came back from Maui, and he brought me a fresh pikake lei. I'm wearing it right now, and I'm on cloud nine.

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-11-02 11:34 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-02 11:33, Humuhumu wrote:
OK, this Saturday at the Pineapples' is out, I've got an email out to Bruce, but I suspect that showing it at the UGH party won't be the best option.

We could watch it at my place this weekend, if you don't mind driving to SF.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 12:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-02 11:22, ErichTroudt wrote:
Also, rumor is that Lucas uses the whole "wookie tree village" from the x-mas special in the upcoming 3rd prequel.

At ComicCon this year, they showed about 15 pieces of pre-production art of the Wookiee village from Episode III. It looks really cool, but given the big dissapointment of Ep I and (maybe to a slightly lesser degree) Ep II, I am not holding my breath...

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:50 pm   Permalink

I am feverishly working to make the UGH House partially presentable-it is suffering from a year of neglect and being used as a storage unit! I can not take any time of on Saturday--maybe Sunday? -bruce
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 4:59 pm   Permalink

I'm leaning towards saving it for a few weeks until the Pineapples are ready, it's too tight a squeeze this weekend with all the driving I'll be doing.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 11:52 am   Permalink

You better hang on to your video copy of that special. I've heard that Lucas has destroyed the master.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-03 11:52, Digitiki wrote:
I've heard that Lucas has destroyed the master.

That would suprise me... Lucas is such an archivist, I can't see him destroying anything no matter how wacky it might be.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 4:11 pm   Permalink

If you check out a site called www.theforce.net You can probably find more info on it there. I posted on some boards there and it seemed everyone had thought Lucas would put it out on the Trilogy DVD....guess he REALLY hates it!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 6:46 pm   Permalink

I remember watching this during it's original airing as well. And, like many of you, felt very disappointed by the end.

However, they could have made Star Wars paper ass-gaskets and I would have loved it at the time.

I remember thinking that it sucked, but it was not a total loss because of the introduction of Boba Fett.

Despite all of the bad reviews, I think I'd have to get it, add it to my collection, and watch it through the eyes of an adult to be truly disgusted.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 8:05 pm   Permalink

okay not really a post only dealing with the x-mas special (which I only remember chewies family and boba fett when I watched it whenever it was on TV) but here's a cool website with lots of video and picture downloads of all things star wars.

http://www.blueharvest.net/

Very informative website. Check it out.

now back to your regularly scheduled x-mas special thread...

"Hey, I'm a Dorkus-Maximus too."

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac on 2004-11-03 20:06 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-04 12:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Polynesiac!

It's got the entire special for download in Real Player format.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 02:28 am   Permalink

I remember this atrocity from when it was first aired. People, leave this evil Pandora's VHS sealed and don't sully the legend!
Oh wait, Lucas already did that with ewoks and Jar-Jar. Never mind.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 10:08 am   Permalink

not star wars, but to add another pang of nostalgia...

opening to a very brady chistmas

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation