FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exotica/Surf music anywhere in LA Nov. 4 or 5?
Exotica/Surf music anywhere in LA Nov. 4 or 5?
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 9:35 pm   Permalink

I'll be heading out to LA at the end of this week for a conference. I'll be in town Thurs night(Nov 4th) and Friday night (Nov 5th). Friday I was planning on visiting the Tiki-Ti, but thought I would check with you SoCal TCers if anyone knows of any exotica or surf music being played on Thurs/Fri? I'm staying at LAX but will have a car. In fact, I planning on cutting out of my seminar at lunch on Friday so I can do a little exploring (visit some more apartment complexes).

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 09:55 am   Permalink

Zulu, if no one knows of anything specific grab a copy of the LA Weekly & check the Calendar section. That's usually the most up-to-date listing concert & club in the LA area. The paper comes out on Thursday & it's free.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 10:08 am   Permalink

ZuluMagoo, it sounds like the place you'll want to be on Friday is San Diego, a two-hour drive if you head out early enough to miss traffic:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11303&forum=11&7

kick_the_reverb's new band is playing. It should be fantastic. I can't make it myself, but you should try to go if you can. You could hit the San Diego tiki spots for dinner before the show pretty easily--your options are Bali Hai (which is near Humphrey's Half-Moon Inn and Trader Mort's), The Islands (which is in the Red Lion Hanalei), or the new Mister Tiki's Mai Tai Lounge. I don't know the geography of San Diego to know what works best logistically, but since you could head down there early and kick_the_reverb's show will probably be late, you could probably hit a few of these. Mister Tiki's may be crazy since it's a Friday night, parking could be a pain in the keister... my personal choice would be to hit The Islands as I have a weakness for it despite its kinda crummy drinks.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-04 09:13 am   Permalink

Hey ZM.....not much in L.A. unless you will be here til Saturday.....in Hermosa Beach at Lucy's, not far from LAX.....

The Boardwalkers
The Detonaters
Pollo Del Mar
Insect Surfers

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-04 11:11 am   Permalink

Just a little correction to BongoFury's info, it's actually at Suzy's.
The address is:
1411 Aviation Blvd.
Hermosa Beach, CA
(310) 379-8020
The corner of Aviation & Prospect, Hermosa Beach, CA

My wife and I are certainly going to be there.
Ran

P.S. Humuhumu - thanks for the promotion and kind words.

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:25 am   Permalink

Thanks kick_the_reverb for the correction. I could not remember the name. If all goes well today we also may be there tonight.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation