FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Project Pimento @ Purple Orchid November 13
Project Pimento @ Purple Orchid November 13
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-02 11:11 pm   Permalink

In keeping with our policy to provide
outlandish and unusual entertainment,
Purple Orchid Exotic Tiki Lounge
is delighted to present, all the way from San Francisco

Project Pimento

Saturday, November 13th, 10pm
$5 cover

"What is unusual about Project Pimento?" I'm glad you asked. Project Pimento features an instrument called the Theramin. Not only was the Theramin the first electronic instrument ever invented (1919), it is the only musical instrument played without touching it.

I have lied in the past, I will probably lie in the future, but I ain't lyin' now! Don't miss this show!

Find out more about Project Pimento at
http://projectpimento.com and find out more about the Theramin at http://theremin.info/info-47-_What_is_a_Theremin.html.
Purple Orchid is located at
221 Richmond St., El Segundo
(310) 322-5829

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 01:23 am   Permalink

DolphinTiki & I will be there - anyone else??

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 02:33 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm planning on showing up. I really enjoyed their performance at Oasis and it will be great to see them at the PO. Theremin and Funky Monkey!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 09:43 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I will be there as well!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 12:09 pm   Permalink

Dale and I are going to be there.

Ran

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

The
Velours
will
be
there

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 1:24 pm   Permalink

I'm a solid... maybe. I really want to be there as Project Pimento are fantastic, and I'm crazily overdue for a visit to the Purple Orchid, but I have a friend visiting from out of town, and I don't know yet if this will fit into our schedule.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 2:16 pm   Permalink

Count me in! I look forward to seeing the T.C. at the P.O. in E.S. for P.P.(you know what I mean!).

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 2:19 pm   Permalink

hey Weirduncletiki is back yeah.....

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wersmo Derinc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 7:50 pm   Permalink

Weirduncletiki is in town?! That alone is worth the trip to the PO!

[ This Message was edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-11-12 19:51 ]

View Profile of Wersmo Derinc Send a personal message to Wersmo Derinc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtopianDreem
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-13 8:21 pm   Permalink

Dang germs...have to miss out this time...boooooooooooo

View Profile of UtopianDreem Send a personal message to UtopianDreem  Email UtopianDreem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 12:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the super welcome back, gang! I had a blast. Twas swell time with the gang at Purple Orchid! The sublime sounds of Project Pimento! Much fun!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation