FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Dark Marq Room, Ripon, CA (home-bar) CLOSED
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Dark Marq Room, Ripon, CA (home-bar) CLOSED
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 2:37 pm   Permalink

Name:The Dark Marq Room
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Ripon
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
here is a link to an album showing the birth of our tiki room the dark marq.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BbtXLlozasMc

it is still not 100% complete (is it ever?) but i feel it is close enough to post. i will add some pics of the lanai when it is closer to completion. here is a before and after pic.

the ceiling is seagrass matting. looks great up there and is a staple in most vintage bars. but ....what a royal pain in the rear that stuff is. if i had to do it over again i would most likely use something easier to install. just a word to the wise.

we always serve tropical drinks in tiki mugs. my mixology skills are novice at best however my skills are improving daily(wow i guess i am a drunk). the menu includes the staple drinks as well as a few of our own drinks like the Under Tow and the Nutty Witchdoctor.

as we make improvements i will post more pics. we hope to have it "finished" by next spring.

if anyone has questions on how we did this transformation or would like to come by for a visit, please send me a pm. we would be more than happy to share or experiences and our room with folks that are interested.

Here is the like to the comments on Critiki.
thanks for the great comments!

http://64.81.235.211/cgi-bin/location.cgi?loc_id=500

mahalo for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat 2006-10-11 18:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat 2008-05-21 20:18 ]

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-03 2:53 pm   Permalink

I had the distinctive pleasure of visiting The Dark Marq Room.
It transports you in time to a better place. The drinks are great.
Your hosts are true ambassadors of the Aloha spirit.
If you ever have that rare chance to visit. Drop everything and paddle your outrigger to the Dark Marq Room.
The Dark Marq Room belongs in
Critiki

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 6:12 pm   Permalink

Good people and plenty of aloha. If you are ever given the opportunity to visit the Dark Marq Room. I would highly advise to do so. A nice little oasis in the sea of California inhabited by two gracious hosts with penty of artifacts to behold.

Chongolio

Come explore
www.lost-isle.com

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio on 2004-11-08 19:07 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 6:26 pm   Permalink

I especially like the "before" picture with the tiki cat with extra glow-ey eyes!

That looks awesome! Love the dark, cozy look of it! Amazing job, I'm sure it took many hours of hard work, but it looks fantastic.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 7:09 pm   Permalink

We visited the wonderful Dark Marq Room last weekend and I took a few photos. Check out the fun animation I did of Scott in his happy place

http://www.tikiroom.net/scott.html

Thanks for the rum tasting and great company, Scott & Colleen!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 7:48 pm   Permalink

mike, that is too funny! i love it! i especially love it when the trader vic's kava bowl mysteriously appears when scott appears. how does that happen? usually alcoholic drink vessels DISAPPEAR with scott's presence.

we absolutely loved having you guys over. so when are you moving out here again?

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:20 pm   Permalink

hey, how can i get a copy of that pic? i want one to put in my gallery of lamp pics (the lamp looks perty good up there, tikicleen! hope you guys are happy!)

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:50 pm   Permalink

Great Job Guys!!! Fantastic!!! I LOVE the ceiling, and I like how you did the walls. Just great, cool!!!
Al

Crazy Kids, 6 years ago I was going to have my bar finished in the Spring too.

[ This Message was edited by: Alnshely on 2004-12-07 22:54 ]

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 09:00 am   Permalink

mike~ thanks for posting the pic! i too love the magic kava bowl. we had a great time with you two.

kahaka~ we love the lamp! it looks great. i don't have a pic or i would send it to you. check mike's site. he may have posted pics that you can copy to your shutterfly account there.
www.tikiroom.net. if that dosen't work then let me know and i'll take a pic and send it to you.

alnshely~ thanks for the kind words! but i wouldn't say it is done yet. there are a few more things to do! when are you guys coming up this way again?

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 09:47 am   Permalink

I put the photos in the tiki gallery. Once you're viewing a photo you can click on it to see the original (bigger, much bigger) size. Mine are 2.8 megabytes each, so only do this if you have broadband.

Download any photos you like!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-03 3:37 pm   Permalink

here is some pics of the awesome drape that was made with aloha by tikihula's girl alia! thank you so much for sewing this for us. we LOVE it!

here is a detail of the print.

edited to fix pics

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat on 2005-01-03 15:38 ]

Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-05 11:24 am   Permalink

DH,
Love the room, especially the backlighting on the shelf of mugs. Very sexy. How'd ya do it?
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-06 12:03 am   Permalink

royale,

it is a standard red rope light ran behind the mugs. target had them in 18'ft lengths for $7. thanks for the "provacative" comment.

dh

the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 11:07 am   Permalink

here are some updated photos. between a trip to OA and oasis we've collected several new items(including the drink contest trophy. damn that thing is huge!).

some of the pics are of tikis that are not yet house-broken.

this is an OA piece

on the door is a gecko panel and on the floor a new tiki tony

this is one of poly pop's sign

here are some oasis purchases bosko, mt bumatay and a couple of those cool munktiki stacker mugs

another OA piece

a "swingin" tiki from tiki tony

our first real tiki! also by tiki tony

this is our biggest tiki at 5 1/2' this is by jungle trader.

and last but not least a couple of tikis by seamus.

i've been working on a bigger bar. when it is done i will post some pics of it as well.

mahalo for looking!

edited to fix a pic

[ This Message was edited by: the drunken hat on 2005-05-15 11:09 ]

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 11:13 am   Permalink

Yo TCer's, if you haven't seen the Dark Marq room, you're missing out. I was just there again Friday night. Very relaxing, good conversation, just what the docta ordered. The drinks were superb. Mahalo Hat and Cleen.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation