FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Dark Marq Room, Ripon, CA (home-bar) CLOSED
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Dark Marq Room, Ripon, CA (home-bar) CLOSED
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 12:14 pm   Permalink

you two are really doing a fantastic job with your room.

I cant wait for my chance to see it in person.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-15 5:44 pm   Permalink

Looking good guys! Can't wait to get up there and see it in person. When's the next Hooptylau?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-16 9:14 pm   Permalink

wow...that's a nice home bar. You've got some great pieces in there. Thanks for sharing!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 8:43 pm   Permalink

well here are our most recent changes to our room. in case you were not aware tikicleen and i are stockton islander nuts! well we finally found some things from there besides mugs.

we had heard that there were some float lamps in SF that were from there but there was no way of authenticating at the time. lately we have been researching the islander an we spoke with the current owner of the building. he told us of how he had sold a bunch of stuff to a guy in the bay area including some small fence/stair rail tikis and several float lamps. that gave us the green light we'd been looking for and we called to see if there were any more. there were one tiki and one float we drove to SF and picked them up today!

you may recognize this tiki from an earlier post from mrsmiley.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=14916&forum=5

it was tagged trader vics but this is exactly what the owner of the islander described that he had sold to the dealer. i think this is a case where trader vics demands more money!

we also bought some of the large tiles they used as screens from the owner of the islander building. they will one day be incorporated into our tiki room. here are some pics of the objects:

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-03 11:51 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Drunken Hat,
That is a fine tiki pole, I've had my eye on it for a while. I'm glad that it found a loving home with plenty of Islander artifacts.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kalanuiwakinakona

Posted: 2005-08-13 10:46 pm   Permalink

"Mai Tai - Roa Ae"

Best of luck with your room it looks fantastic. A wonderful thing for any home for all to escape in fantasy at least until that sobering moment comes the next day. The search for hair of the dog resumes and the fantasy lives on!

View Profile of Kalanuiwakinakona Send a personal message to Kalanuiwakinakona  Goto the website of Kalanuiwakinakona     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-08-14 8:16 pm   Permalink

Really nice room.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 1:49 pm   Permalink

Last week I had the pleasure to meet up with JungleTrader, the drunken hat, and tikicleen at Minnies. After a round of drinks (or was that two rounds?) and some puupuus, I was invited to visit the Dark Marq Room! What a thrill to see so many mugs in person, which I have only seen in books and postings. And the room was perfectly assembled; everything in the right spot. After another couple rounds of delicious drinks carefully blended by the drunken hat, and some fun conversation by all, I had to leave and come back to the real world.

Cheers to a wonderful tikiroom and its great hosts. I am hoping to have a few more business trips back to the area soon! hint hint... Mahalo for the hospitality in such a warm and exotic environment.

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 7:32 pm   Permalink

after 4 great years of marriage and home bar operation, the dark marq will no longer operate. this is due to the dissolution of our marriage. while colleen may decide to keep the ripon home bar open, it will not be the dark marq. i will be building another home lounge in the future but when and where is still up in the air. our separation is civil so no worries there. it is time to move on and we both hope that we can do that with all of you.

THE DARK MARQ IS OFFICIALLY CLOSED.

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-21 7:44 pm   Permalink

That is the worst thing I have ever read on any thread at anytime ever on Tiki Central.

Wow...is this why Tiki Central was down so long today?

I am shocked and hope things work out for you both...you both have been great friends here and in person.

All my best,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-27 09:29 am   Permalink

We feel for both of you and are sorry that things look bleak right now. We are always here for support if you need it. You are such awesome friends to us and we wish you both happiness in the future!

big hug,
Mike & Alia

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-27 10:50 am   Permalink

Best wishes for you both.
I am grateful for the wonderful memories I have of your awesome tiki lounge and amazing hospitality.

Regards,

Jen

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 05:49 am   Permalink

The Drunken Hat and Tiki Cleen, You were 2 of the first people I met on this board and 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. This is sad news indeed. I wish you both nothing but good health and happiness.

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation