Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Official Tiki Toa Appreciation thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Official Tiki Toa Appreciation thread
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 12:13, tikisobayli wrote:

It would be intresting to know the ratio "old timer" posters that are gone to the "info" he has passed along.

Please explain. I don't understand (too much rum).

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:42 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:31 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:44 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:33 ]

View Profile of TNTiki Send a personal message to TNTiki  Email TNTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:45 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:34 ]

TNTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:34 ]

McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 1:07 pm   Permalink

Perhaps Toa is a bit sensitive, people with big hearts often are. Thick skins are overrated in my book. In addition to having a big heart Toa Loves Tiki and loves to spread Tiki around. He is a extremely valuable member of this Tiki community.

[ This Message was edited by: mcdougall on 2004-11-05 13:14 ]

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperFly

Posted: 2004-11-05 1:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 12:13, tikisobayli wrote:
Does anyone else see how stupid this whole thing as become. Toa left on his own free will and thats that. Moreover, whats the big deal about the Christmas thread he strated and got "hijacked"? I have seen many threads that he has done the same thing to. I really don't think anyone should worry about it. A) maybe now instead of posting a huge amount of posts he can find a job and B) I'm pretty sure he'll come back as Toa (he seems to love attention) or under another screen name (As he has done this before..at least once).

It would be intresting to know the ratio "old timer" posters that are gone to the "info" he has passed along.

Feel free to bash me now....

Amen.

And I agree that Toa is not going anywhere. By "threatening" to leave he knew he would get this kind of response. Its exactly what he wanted - attention. He WANTED us to get into a huff about him leaving.

Quote:

On 2004-11-05 11:38, TNTiki wrote:
Let me tell you how much I think of him. He is probably going to not like me saying this, but I am going to anyway [Snipped By Hanford]

BTW - if I entrusted this kind of personal information to a friend of mine I would be royally pissed off if they told everyone (especially posting it on a publicly read message board). You did not make him look like a very strong person and you especially made yourself look untrustworthy. Trying to get us to feel pity for him because of his personal problems is really insulting to me. We all have our own personal struggles too.

I too, am posting under a fake name. Its a shame that we can't post what we really feel under our real names because some people think we all have to love each other here on TC. But TC is not any different than any other social setting in that there will be conflict, plain and simple. How each person deals with it is their issue.

Welcome to the real world. Such is life.

[ This Message was edited by: superfly on 2004-11-05 13:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-05 14:01 ]

View Profile of SuperFly Send a personal message to SuperFly      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 1:45 pm   Permalink

I think its sad that people are posting under fake id , just not brave enough to speak your mind ? or do you not want others to know who you are? Your right Toa left on his own and yet some see fit to continue to bash him. Were not in junior high here anymore. If you have something to say, say it , dont hide behind a alter id . I feel this whole mess is stupid and not why I joined Tc.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-11-05 1:59 pm   Permalink

PLEASE NOTE:
This is quickly becoming a continuation of the the other topic that is now LOCKED. That discussion is over. Please don't resurrect it. This includes bashing others.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-05 14:07 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 3:41 pm   Permalink

I have met Toa and he seems to be a nice
guy....most of us don't know more than a
few tc members personally...so most of this
stuff just doesn't matter. We don't
know the real intentions of anyone on this
board...and who cares. Let go of it
so that Hanford doesn't have to intercede
as a referee every couple of weeks.
We are here because Tiki is not the real
world...let's just escape!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 6:10 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Toa, God bless'm.

I gather that I may have gotten on his 'S*** List' a while back when I may have absent-mindedly "hi-jacked" (or similar) on a thread he posted. Though completely unintensional on my part, i have many regrets in the matter. I feel like Toa was one of the first TC folks to sort of reach-out and pat me on the back here (as i'm sure he's done with other newer members).

The human personality is very complex and doesn't always come through well in black and white -- it's hard to get to know a person's pet-peeves/boundaries in the forum. I don't know what part of the X-mas/baby deer debocle(sp) I've missed (his post was already deleted when I tried to read it) but Toa's input to TC is important to me and I hate to read that he's leaving.

I might add... I did enjoy the baby deer stories. Similarly, I always enjoy the 'side-rants' that come up on threads here.

I might also add:
75Stingray mentioned something on the post "Public warning to Tiki Bong; everyone please read" about this place being a family -- we don't always agree or get along but we are family. We all come here for something and all have something to give. Toa like the rest of us is part of that.

-FB

[ This Message was edited by: FreakBear on 2004-11-06 18:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: FreakBear on 2004-11-06 18:30 ]

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 6:32 pm   Permalink

As one Midwesterner to another,TikiToa,has always been true to his kind-opiniated,yet honest,enthusiastic,but slanted (Packers!-eeek).Welcoming,but telling the truth as he knows it-that's what the Midwest is based on-let's tell him that's how the world works-with people like him.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 7:21 pm   Permalink

Toa is my brother from a different mother , i will miss him

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 7:47 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: badmojo on 2005-01-15 08:26 ]

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation