[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Trailer
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Trailer
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 12:56 pm   Permalink

OK, I don't know if I'm the only Star Wars "Nerd" in here, but did you guys catch the new commercial last night? Wow! Maybe this movie will FINALLY be on par with the old ones! I found a copy of the trailer online, let me know if you want it...it's big...10 megabytes.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-05 4:06 pm   Permalink

I was going to post about it, too. I'm sure I'm getting my hopes up, but the trailer looks great.

BUT...imho, all the prequel trailers have looked great and had me excited, only to feel the crushing blow of total lameness.

Notice the trailers never have threepio saying "I've gone to pieces!" or all the other stupid crap from AOTC.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-11-05 4:32 pm   Permalink

You know there are a lot of bent-out-of-shape Ashlee Simpson fans saying "Man, why are people taking Star Wars so seriously? It's just a movie."

~Hanford, a huge Star Wars fan.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-05 16:33 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beatnikine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-05 4:42 pm   Permalink

Star Wars nerd reporting for duty! (In fact, I'm going on a Star Wars hike December.)

My hopes are high for this one. C'mon George - don't let me down!!!

View Profile of Beatnikine Send a personal message to Beatnikine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BaronV
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-05 5:17 pm   Permalink

i am a proud geek father - my son in i watched the trailer in awe this AM. Counting down the days until i am disappointed in the movie.

View Profile of BaronV Send a personal message to BaronV  Email BaronV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 5:32 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone..my name is Erich and I'm a Star Wars geek. Its been 2 months since I last watched one of the movies, but Yesterday I backslid slightly and watched the trailer to the 3 rd movie..........

Honestly it looked cool. While the new star wars movies have been just okay, I'm sure this one will have a few cool moments in it.....please let it have a few cool moments.

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:32 am   Permalink

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe I know seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-crets! eheheheh!

I don't know script details, but I do know
a few major plot points...

But I can't say anything, as it would cost a family member their job...

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 1:16 pm   Permalink

I'm a formr fan and I don't buy for one second that this will be any good. It's so easy to make a good trailer from a crappy movie. Why do people keep falling for this? Even AvsP ha a cool trailer, and "Day After Tomorrow", and those Matrix sequels - crappity crap crap! I could cut together an exciting trailer about me making dinner.

Since I am a *former* fan, I have no reservations about reading what happens in Ep3, and believe me, it's another crap-fest. I'll spare you the horrific details. If I told you the most egregious ones, you'd be gagging right now.

Star Wars is dead! Long live Pixar!!!

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 1:58 pm   Permalink

I sense much anger in you Tiki-bot. Anger leads to the Dark side of the Force!

At least we all know this movie will be darker much like Empire Strikes Back. I mean, just about all the good guys are supposed to die...hopefully Jar Jar as well. I just hope Samual L. Jackson goes out in a kick ass fight!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 2:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 13:16, Tiki-bot wrote:
It's so easy to make a good trailer from a crappy movie. Why I could cut together an exciting trailer about me making dinner.

Trailer voiceover: "In a world where dinner may, or may not get to the table, dining as we know it is hinged on the powers of good and eee-vil.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 2:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 13:58, aquaorama wrote:

At least we all know this movie will be darker much like Empire Strikes Back.

If George's ability to do a "dark" is anything like his ability to do romance, we are in for quite a hootenanny! Honestly, I would *love* for this movie to be good, REALLY, but as long as George remains the clothes-less emperor he is, he will produce crap.

One thing for sure, I now have a much clearer view of how abusive relationships work. "I know EP 1&2 made me want to poke my eyes out with a hot, dull butterknife, but I just KNOW he will make a great movie THIS TIME!"

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 4:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
One thing for sure, I now have a much clearer view of how abusive relationships work. "I know EP 1&2 made me want to poke my eyes out with a hot, dull butterknife, but I just KNOW he will make a great movie THIS TIME!"

That's so funny Tiki-bot...I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when reading all the testimonials about how great the trailer is. Fact is, trailers can often lie...and they often do. I know this, yet I still keep coming back to this Star Wars franchise.

I know I'm gonna see Episode 3, and I know I'm not gonna love it like I did episodes 4-6 when I was a kid. In fact, I think that s the key to enjoying big budget Hollywood films these days...go in with low expectations. When a show is actually good, you'll be elated. When it's bad...who cares...that's what you expected right?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-11-06 5:27 pm   Permalink

I am a fan, but hey they're space soap opras! It doesn't have to be a Cannes winner for me to enjoy it. All I really want is some great lightsaber scenes and some great special effects. Episode I and II were disappointments to me only from the standpoint that they failed to capture the magic and SW:ANH and ESB. But other than that I enjoyed what I watched.

I'd take a new Star Wars movie over 2 Fast 2 Furious, Chronicles of Riddick, any Rush Hour film, any Laura Croft film, the Lord of the Ring snoozefests, etc. Those were all on-par with the new Star Wars for me. Nothing special, but entertaining.

EDIT: I take that back, I enjoyed EP I and II WAY more than the LOTR films (the first two anyway, I didn't see the third).

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-07 13:06 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-07 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 17:27, hanford_lemoore wrote:
the Lord of the Ring snoozefests,

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-06 17:28 ]

I can't belive it Hanford inciting a flamewar with such remark.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2004-11-07 1:11 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I appologize for making it so obvious. I didn't enjoy LOTR ... I thought the action scenes didn't have any action in them at all. I never felt for any of the characters or the peril they were put in. I found myself watching the fight scenes and thinking "hurry up". Same goes for the second one ... even moreso. I had forgotten what had happened in the first film, and so I really cared even less why they were doing what they were doing.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-11-07 13:14 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation