[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Trailer
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Star Wars Revenge of the Sith Trailer
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-07 3:05 pm   Permalink

A problem I have with all these "Special Effects" type movies is that at least when the original trilogy came out I knew that most of the space ships, aliens, etc...were all "real". Maybe not life size, but you could hold that object or model, it wasn't computerized. Now I know they can create anything and film the whole movie without sets or minatures. It makes it hard to enjoy the film when I know that it REALLY is fake. I yearn for the days when they had a FULL SIZED Millenium Falcon!! That would be way too awesome to see! Of course I'll still shell out a bundle to see Episode III 10 or more times....Somehow Lucas has programmed it into me dammit!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-08 1:42 pm   Permalink

Just watched the trailer.

Exactly what I expected.

Lots of dazzling FX shots, and no real indication that this film would have any heart to it.

That's what differentiates the old SW films from the new: some semblance of emotional content.

Athe Ugh House on Saturday, we were trying to muster a new hope and some enthusiasm for this film, and someone said that they doubted that G Lucas had spent the last three years back in film school learning how to write and direct a good movie. That about summed it up.

I think he got lucky with Star Wars (Ep IV), and he hired a solid director and a solid screenwriter to do The Empire Strikes Back. He also conceptualized Indiana Jones, and then let Steve Spielberg direct it. Good move.

He's a good 'idea man', but he needs some help actually making good movies.
See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-08 1:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-08 13:42, tikibars wrote:

Athe Ugh House on Saturday, we were trying to muster a new hope and some enthusiasm for this film, and someone said that they doubted that G Lucas had spent the last three years back in film school learning how to write and direct a good movie. That about summed it up.

I remember hearing someone shout out "george lucas can kiss my as*!"

but that might have been me. he fired my little brother last summer.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dreadpyrat

Posted: 2004-11-11 3:31 pm   Permalink

Ok, I'm a newbie but I cannot resist the Star Wars threads on ANY board I visit!

Now, you're gonna have to take my word for it...I've seen the movie...all the way thru, front to back in its unfinished form. I work for Lucasrts and am working on the game for the movie.

So, I can assue you that this one is the very best of the three. It is not on par with the original trilogy but you know what? Nothing ever will be.

I'm not defending it, I'm jaded too by the old films! But, in my humble opinion, this one will actually be very good by comparison to Ep1 and 2.

View Profile of dreadpyrat Send a personal message to dreadpyrat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 6:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:
in my humble opinion, this one will actually be very good by comparison to Ep1 and 2.

I hope so; we are owed a whole lot of darkness.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-11 18:27, tikijackalope wrote:

I hope so; we are owed a whole lot of darkness.

Well, in ep 2 we were promised "romance", so make your own judgements about whatever "darkness" there will be in ep3.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 10:48 am   Permalink

I'm hopefull optomistic - but then again, I was that way before Episodes 1 & 2 also....

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dreadpyrat

Posted: 2004-11-12 12:15 pm   Permalink

Fear not, it is in fact Dark. Not dark like Ep2 was "romantic" but actually dark. I went into the screening room expecting the worst and came out thinknig "hey, thats not half bad! Not half good either but definitely not half bad!"

View Profile of dreadpyrat Send a personal message to dreadpyrat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation