FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events cherry capri miss doo dah (update on page 8 * new photos *)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
cherry capri miss doo dah (update on page 8 * new photos *)
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-05 10:32 pm   Permalink

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/Stories/0,1413,206~22097~2515188,00.html

I'd like to extend congratulations, and offer my patio space to any and all TC'ers who are attending this years parade. If people are interested into turning the invitation into an all out tiki gathering, let me know.

http://www.cherrycapri.com/

TG

I've removed the post parade details, as they've come and gone. Page six is where the photos start.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiGardener on 2004-11-22 09:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2004-11-22 23:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2004-11-22 23:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikigardener on 2005-01-21 17:35 ]

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:28 am   Permalink

Thank you for posting this Tiki Gardener!!!

Wow! it was an exhilarating night... I sang pineapple princess for the win... and a win it was for the tiki crowd!

Did you know that there is a marching crew that has appeared in the parade for many years called the "Parrot Heads?" They walk en masse wearing Hawaiian shirts carrying margaritas while a guy plays "wasted away" on the guitar.

Is it time for the Centralites to show them how it's really done??? I know we could out-doo dah them! It would be cool to have a tiki crew in the parade... (it's a very short parade) IDEAS???

speaking of which... i am not sure if i have an official float or not? it may just be a bicycle rick shaw. so if anyone can think of an appropriate tiki transportation device - that is actually available for the parade - please let me know.

i love your generous offer for a party. how close are you to old town? I am not sure about an 'immediate' after parade party for me... as I may have queenly duties to attend to? but a little later perhaps...

i bet c.b. would bring his bongos and if the 'king' is recovered from his birthday - maybe he'd come along, too?

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:30 am   Permalink

Doo Dah website
http://www.lightbringerproject.org/DooDah-Route-Map-1a.html

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:33 am   Permalink

Congrats Cherry Baby!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 01:28, Cherry Capri wrote:
Is it time for the Centralites to show them how it's really done??? I know we could out-doo dah them! It would be cool to have a tiki crew in the parade... (it's a very short parade) IDEAS???

If the parade's not on Thanksgiving weekend I could probably march in my giant Mai Tai costume that I made for Halloween this year.

It wouldn't be too difficult for people to dress up as various cocktails. All you need is fabric, hula hoops, duct tape and a staple gun; no sewing machine is necessary.

[ This Message was edited by: cynfulcynner on 2004-11-06 01:43 ]

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 01:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-06 01:28, Cherry Capri wrote:
Thank you for posting this Tiki Gardener!!!

Wow! it was an exhilarating night... I sang pineapple princess for the win... and a win it was for the tiki crowd!

Did you know that there is a marching crew that has appeared in the parade for many years called the "Parrot Heads?" They walk en masse wearing Hawaiian shirts carrying margaritas while a guy plays "wasted away" on the guitar.

speaking of which... i am not sure if i have an official float or not? it may just be a bicycle rick shaw. so if anyone can think of an appropriate tiki transportation device - that is actually available for the parade - please let me know.

i love your generous offer for a party. how close are you to old town? I am not sure about an 'immediate' after parade party for me... as I may have queenly duties to attend to? but a little later perhaps...

i bet c.b. would bring his bongos and if the 'king' is recovered from his birthday - maybe he'd come along, too?

Later would be fine, especially if someone brings a slide projector, as I've always wanted to do a slide show of the Tiki Gardens Slides I've managed to collect on the big sound barrier wall at the back of my patio.

I'm right on the very short route. I've watched the parade from my roof.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 02:02 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2004-11-06 01:43, cynfulcynner wrote:If the parade's not on Thanksgiving weekend I could probably march in my giant Mai Tai costume that I made for Halloween this year.

first of all cynner - that costume is simply fabulous!!! and 2nd of all - the parade is actually the sunday before the thanksgiving weekend. Sunday, Nov. 21. at the easy-on-hangovers hour of 11:30 AM.

I believe the cost per person to march in the parade is $10 - to help cover the organiers permits, insurance and security, etc...

is there anyone who wants to be the contact person ringleader? (they have a form on the website) Then i can request that the tiki central troup marches next to the queen's court! i'll be bringing a bunch of those oriental trading leis along to throw at the crowd like mardi gras beads to spread the aloha.

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 02:34 am   Permalink

OMG congrats to Mizz Capri! Being an longtime fan of the DooDah, I reckon I could do some ringleading.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 08:05 am   Permalink

GO TINA ! !
GO TINA ! !
GO TINA ! !
Getch your groove on
GO TINA ! !

Just like the Peter Pan ride
"Hold on everybody, HERE WE GO"
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 10:38 am   Permalink

Congrats Cheri! Oh man that costume rocks for sure as well. On a related note my brother-in-law had a bar in pasadena years ago and the regulars at the bar came up with the idea one day at the bar.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:06 am   Permalink

If memory serves, there are only human-powered vehicles in the parade. Hey Bax, how many people would it take to pull that trailer of yours, hmmm?

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 11:28 am   Permalink

That is a great costume, Cynner! It's not just any mai tai, it's a TV mai tai to boot.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-11-06 13:16 ]

TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 12:36 pm   Permalink

I know that the bands usually perform on flatbed trucks, so human power doesn't appear to be a factor.

I could ask my friend with a 1960 Cadillac if he would provide its services.

tg

Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-06 3:33 pm   Permalink

Congratulations Cherry! The LBP made the right choice. The Doo Dah Parade is one of my favorite events (right up there with Intl Tiki Day). If I can't catch it "in the flesh" I'll be scouring the airwaves to find it on the tube.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-11-06 10:36 pm   Permalink

If I must say so, Cherry Capri makes my privates tingle... You go squirrel!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation