FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Don't miss this like you did "Metrosexual"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Don't miss this like you did "Metrosexual"
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 12:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-09 12:57, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
.............I want Tiki for my Bunghole!

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby on 2004-11-09 12:57 ]

good way to end up with a 'minging' tiki...

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 3:37 pm   Permalink

!!DAMN!!!

NOW I know what I wish I'd been for Halloween!! It woulda been so EASY!!

(Ok, extremely obscure, but still! DAMN!!)

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 3:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-09 15:37, Formikahini wrote:
NOW I know what I wish I'd been for Halloween!! It woulda been so EASY!!

Yeah, but everyone would just mistake you for Nick Rhodes.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 6:39 pm   Permalink

Minge...(along with Gusset and Quim) it's a British slang term for vagina, and thus the phrase.

As for bad smells...it never stops with them. My fave is "Dame Judy" for a bad smell...which you should be able to figure out.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 05:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-09 18:39, Gigantalope wrote:
Minge...(along with Gusset and Quim) it's a British slang term for vagina, and thus the phrase.

Gusset is actually the part of a pair of panties that connects the front and back. It covers the minge.

The word that causes the greatest trans-Atlantic hilarity over here is 'fanny'. In North America this is the 'butt' while over here it's the 'beaver'. The Mountain Equipment Co-op of Vancouver were forced to change their catalogue when it was pointed out that their fannypack section was causing untold mirth on this side of the pond. Eg. "This fanny is big enough to carry a pair of binoculars, a small thermos and a packed lunch"

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 06:08 am   Permalink

LOL - Trader Woody
did you try and get in as many 'fanny, beaver, minge, butt' as possible in that post!

-------------------------------------------

This is a Chav free zone

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 06:43 am   Permalink

lemon curry - ?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 08:09 am   Permalink

Fannys and Beavers and Minge...oh my.

Being more blunt (as gigantalopes will) I find the frequent use of the "C" word in the UK most funny.

The first time I brought my prim little wife over, myfriend and his wife were using it (C word) constantly...in every way you can imagine.

I assumed my wife would be mad or upset, so tried to point out that is was quite a vulgar term where we live, and typically not yelled audably while merging in traffic or ordering food.

The woman said (with a pretty scots brogue) "If they denna like te be called a cunt, they shuldne act cuntish."
I laughed so hard I almost pee'd...it kinda broke the tension...and after being around two weeks of that, my wife now uses the word periodically herself...

Vulgar I admit, but a period of personal growth you understand.

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-11-10 08:17 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 08:37 am   Permalink

Not a word generally used in polite conversation. But it can be funny is the right context, especially as in your example.

I do beleive that it is very popular in Chav circles along with the expresion '..yeah but, no but..innit'

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 10:38 am   Permalink

When you arrive at Heathrow airport, a great way to get on the good side of the taxi driver is to say, "Take me to Trader Vic's, you cockney c___".

(*joke*)

Peter Cook and Dudley Moore were the masters of the word. Here's a link to an mp3 file where the C-word is used profusely. It takes a while to kick in, and then in the words of the website "soon descends into the Dudley Moore sweary-cuntathon that is "This Bloke Come Up To Me"

http://stabbers.truth.posiweb.net/stabbers/audio/derek_and_clive/Peter_Cook_+_Derek_&_Clive_+_Worst_Job_He_Ever_Had_+_wwwDOTstabbersORG.mp3

Trader Woody
(Swearing is my hobby)

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 11:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-10 05:44, Trader Woody wrote:
The word that causes the greatest trans-Atlantic hilarity over here is 'fanny'. In North America this is the 'butt' while over here it's the 'beaver'.

What's the deal with "bloody?" It seems to be a swear word in the UK but not in the US.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-10 4:02 pm   Permalink

'kin hell, yanks discussing CHAVs and CUNTs what is the world comming too. We in scotland describe our identically dressed sheep people in the East coast as SCHEMIES (coz the live in council schemes) and in the west as NEDS (an acronym for Non-Educated Delinquents).

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 5:35 pm   Permalink

I can't believe this topic has been going on this long and no one has mentioned Cockney rhyming slang...now that's some wacky stuff!

I wanna get the chuffin' Gypsy Nell aahhht of 'ere, Crust of Bread over ter the Near and Far and Tiddley Win' a few Britney Spears!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-10 5:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:
[i]On 2004-11-10 11:23, cynfulcynner wrote: What's the deal with "bloody?" It seems to be a swear word in the UK but not in the US.

I believe it was once considered blasphemy. It refers to Christ's blood, thus it's refering to his death in vain (even more flippant, therefore, than referring to his name in vain).

Kiss kiss,
Nick Rhodes

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini on 2004-11-10 18:02 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 01:13 am   Permalink

'Bloody' is regarded as such a low octane swear word that it isn't really a swear word at all. It's the sort of thing that an old granny would use complaining about the price of meat at the butchers, so it's really not one that could cause offense.

My (mildy religious) grandmother came to visit us when we lived in the US and complained that we kept saying 'Jeez', which she took as being short for Jesus. I guess she was right? Who knows? I don't recall anyone else being upset about the use of the word.

Trader Woody

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation