FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Hoity Holiday Party & Polynesian Dance performance (update=read)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hoity Holiday Party & Polynesian Dance performance (update=read)
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-09 10:33 am   Permalink

We'll be getting together at Bahooka on Sat. Dec. 4th to celebrate the holiday season. We will also be heading to Cal Poly Pomona for a Polynesian style performance of "The Nut Cracker" performed by the "Polynesian Paradise Dancers"

We will be meeting at Bahooka @ 5:30 for dinner then heading over for the show at 7:30. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $15 adult and $12 child. The 20 min. drive looks like a straight shot on the 10 frwy.

I've never seen this show but am very excited about it.

Since it looks like a very small group. I haven't made reservations as of today. We could fit into a big booth right now, but if I get a few last minute joiners. I'm sure Bahooka can accomodate us.

If you need to map out anything;
Bahooka
4501 Rosemead Blvd. Rosemead, CA
Cal Poly Pomona
3801 W. Temple Ave.
She said the theatre is near Kellog/S. University Dr. and to Park in lot D
here's the # for info on the show (562)945-2599
I'm still bringin my gift even if it is just Trader Pup and me swaping.

There will also be a prize for best decorated gift.

I'd like EVERYONE who is comming to participate in the gift swap. Hopefully this will become a fun yearly tradition!
I'm setting the limit at $15-$20 value. With tiki or Hawaiian themed gifts preferred. I'm also a sucker for funny white elephants, (maybe that's just me) so if you find a good one wrap it up! I'd love to see home made gifts too! If you are really stumped for a gift, e-mail me. I have a few ideas.

again, here's the rules for the gift swap

Everyone brings a wrapped gift of a set value.
Everyone in the gift exchange draws a number.
Number 1 chooses a gift, opens it and shows it to everyone.
Number 2 can either steal the opened gift from #1, or choose a wrapped gift and open it.
If #2 steals, #1 chooses another package and opens it.
Number 3 can steal any opened gift, or open a package.

Basic rules:
Once a gift has been stolen 3 times, it's dead and can't be stolen again.
You can't take something right back from the person who stole it from you

I can't wait to see everyone at Bahooka! Any questions, please e-mail me. Thanks, Laney

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-11-29 12:30 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 09:32 am   Permalink

well, I just found out they scheduled my Mom's surgery for Dec. 3rd. I was expecting they'd wait until after the holidays. They are expecting a 3+ day stay in the hospital. I'm ususally the one who stays at the hospital during surgery and talks to the doctor after. I also help care for my Dad while my Mom is unable to. So if all goes well I'll be super ready to take a break from the hospital and get to Bahooka for dinner. I hate to plan for the worst but if something goes wrong, I may not make it.

But....since I'm the ONLY one who said I'd be there...bah humbug. seriously please respond ASAP.

I am still working on my gift for the swap and some decorations/prizes you won't find anywhere else!

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-11-15 10:32 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 10:56 am   Permalink

We aren't sure if we can make it yet or not - but will definately RSVP as soon as we know!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 2:41 pm   Permalink

Laney,
I won't be down there until the 19th through the 2nd.
Hope it goes well.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 4:03 pm   Permalink

Laney, count me in!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 2:17 pm   Permalink

Utopiandreem & i are in.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 5:07 pm   Permalink

Ahhhhhhhh.... Shucks!!!
I got tickets to the UCLA/USC game. I won't be able to make it.

Go Trojans!!!! Fight Fight Fight!!!

MTK

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-28 2:52 pm   Permalink

one week away... any final details?

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 12:32 pm   Permalink

posted changes to the plan in the first post. Please read and still respond if you are able to attend.

Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 1:17 pm   Permalink

I'm really looking forward to the Polynesian styled Nutcracker....!!

Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 1:44 pm   Permalink

Damn! - I know I'm late in RSVP-ing, but I was finally able to get out of my staff X-Mas party (kinda tough when you are the one putting it on, lemme tell ya...) and was all excited about going to Bahooka & doing the gift exchange. But now I see the change of plans and the new early dinner time, and unfortunately, there's no way DolphinTiki & I will be able to make it. (She works Saturdays until 5:30) "The Nutcracker" sounds great, but an evening at Bahooka was what I was lookin' forward to. <sigh> Ah, well, maybe next year...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 7:12 pm   Permalink

Would you believe I already had my ticket for "The Aumakua" and the times just weren't working out. Now that you have combined both events I will be able to make it to both. Its great that both events are near eachother, now let's see about the gift. Its hard enough to buy an elephant, let alone a white one!

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 7:13 pm   Permalink

This message accidently posted twice so erased it.

[ This Message was edited by: KING KUKULELE on 2004-11-29 19:15 ]

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 11:16 pm   Permalink

"The Coconutcracker"? I have been unable to find a website that gives a peek into what they have planned. Sounds like a cool way to freshen up that old story.

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2004-11-30 07:53 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 07:40 am   Permalink

Count me in! I do have a question though -- when are we going to do the gift exchange? Dinner at 5:30 and then off to a show at 7:30 doesn't sound like there will be lots of time to do the exchange at Bahooka.

Also, regarding travel time, I think 20 minutes to get from Bahooka to Cal Poly Pomona is bit optimistic. There's usually a little congestion around the 10/605 no matter what day/time it is so I'd suggest alotting at least 30 mins + time for parking, etc...

Sounds like a fun time -- see you all on Saturday!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation