FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Hoity Holiday Party & Polynesian Dance performance (update=read)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hoity Holiday Party & Polynesian Dance performance (update=read)
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 4:25 pm   Permalink

In order to save some time and hopefully keep us together,
I talked to them about pre-ordering tickets. They have a early afternoon show so I can pick up tickets in advance and bring them to Bahooka. She also said she would reserve seats for our group so we could all sit together! I just need to know how many
POST HOW MANY TICKETS YOU WANT ME TO BUY

they don't take credit cards so I'll be paying in cash (so no flaking allowed)

There has also been talk of drinks after the show. If some people carpool from Bahooka we certainly could come back for a bowl or two. So Dr. Z why don't you guys do the show and drinks after?
I hope we have time for everything! I'll definately be at Bahooka early so if you aren't opposed to early dining and cocktails meet me early!
I'll be calling tomorrow to let her know how many seats to reserve for us!!!!

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 5:01 pm   Permalink

Put me down for 2 tix, please.

Thanks!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 09:53 am   Permalink

Put us down for 2 tix Eeeeeeeeeeel......

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:16 am   Permalink

Utopiandreem & I will unfortunely have to miss this event due unforseen circumstances.

Sorry Laney.

Tbird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:46 am   Permalink

I'll be flying solo so put me down for 1 ticket please. I'm going to show up at Bahooka a little early for drinks too -- maybe around 4:45-5:00.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 3:22 pm   Permalink

Like MTK I will be watching the SC game. Not in person, though. Too stressful. Last week the Shillelagh, this week the Victory Bell.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 4:35 pm   Permalink

Can't make it, I'm afraid--I'm going to be out of town. Happy holidays to my tiki 'ohana!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 7:32 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry I'll miss the event. I had the perfect gift to swap... It's green, squishie and smells of cheese...

Have a great time & a wonderful holiday season.

Floratina... How's your trojan spirit?

MTK

[ This Message was edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-12-01 19:32 ]

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 1:17 pm   Permalink

See y'all later today!

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-05 5:34 pm   Permalink

Laney, thanks for setting up our little Hoity Toity gathering! I had a great time with our intimate group, and the rather unusual Polynesian version of the Nutcracker....

And the gift exchange was fun! I'm kinda glad the group was small, because there's no way in hell I'd get to keep the awesome resin lamp hand made by Laney! Not to mention the cool shrunken head prize for winning the best wrapped gift!

Here's some photos of the gift exchange:

Trader Pup picks the first gift, a cool lamp made by Laney!

Mrs. Tangaroa got this clear resin toilet seat....

.... that was promptly stolen by Laney...

So her next pick turned out to be a cool shell lamp

Tangaroa's choice revealed a Spongebob aquarium kit...

... that was then snatched up by Laney's son

... so to retaliate, he takes back the toilet seat!

Laney then got a copy of 'E Ticket' magazine, featuring history of 'Inner Space' attraction.

Honolulu Tommy got a cool Laney lamp!

Cory wins an 'E Ticket' magazine with Jungle cruise attraction history

Trader Pup with his gift wrapping prize of a shrunken head

Mahalo to all who attended for a great evening, and mele kalikimaka!

[ This Message was edited by: Traderpup on 2004-12-05 17:37 ]

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 10:23 am   Permalink

Thanks for the photos Pup! It was fun meeting & hanging out with you guys...

Thanks again to Laney for putting together a fun night! Nicole reeeeeeeealy wants one of those lamps by the way..... Whattya say - any chance of making another one?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 11:10 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who attended! I had a blast, next year ya'll are invited to my house.

The show was amazing. Definately a family show, leaving Nick bored at times, until the fire dancers! The fire dancers were the best I've ever seen (even better than the luaus I've been to on the Hawaiian Islands) Clearly the guy won the showdown but seeing the woman fire dancer was (for lack of a better word) HOT!
After the show, Cory, Nick and I went back to Bahooka. We had two more bowls, Nick had hot chocolate and jello. A nice way to end the night.

Great pics Pup! I only have a couple pics, I'm not much of a picture taker and was sitting right across Trader Pup and Tom, both of whom got stuck with my home made lamps. Pup got the Shrunken Head Santa, for beautifully wrapping a toilet seat and tieing it with a tiki!

[ This Message was edited by: laney on 2004-12-06 11:12 ]

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation