FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Reno Fun Train - 3/4 to 3/6/05
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Reno Fun Train - 3/4 to 3/6/05
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-08 7:42 pm   Permalink

Okay, here they are... I haven't taken time to delete out the really, really crappy ones, so you'll have to sift a bit to find the only-slightly-crappy ones.

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/renoweekend/

Video to come.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2005-09-23 15:10 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
High Roller

Posted: 2005-03-09 8:53 pm   Permalink

Your friend, and mine, weirduncletiki suggested that this would be the best way to get a message to the to the fellow Tiki occupants of Amtrak car #6.

So to cynfulcynner, Humuhumu, martiki, mrsmiley, the drunken hat, thejab, tikicleen, Ed, and Rebecca I say, “Mahalo nui loa” for the good times and the assistance navigating over under around and through Reno.

It just hit me yesterday that I had a staggering amount of booze on this trip. I guess that was precisely the point. No wonder I’m so sprawled out on the couch in the photos at The Peppermill.

Now, in light of our drinking (and dining) experiences at the hotel, I’ll leave you with these slightly bent Hawaiian phrases from Keola Beamer’s web page:

These really nice napkins seem to match my underclothing.

Ku maika'i keia mau kawele pepa i ke 'ano o ko'u 'a'ahu palema'i.

This Merlot is an ungrateful bitch.

He kanapapiki mahalo 'ole keia mea inu Merlot ia'u.

Waiter, my papaya has been previously fondled.

E ke kuene, ua milimili 'e 'ia neia mikana!

The busboy has cursed me and I am ashamed.

Ua ho'ohalahala 'ia mai nei au na ke kuene, a hilahila ihola au.

View Profile of High Roller Send a personal message to High Roller  Email High Roller     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-10 09:30 am   Permalink

Aloha, High Roller! Welcome to Tiki Central. Stick around, enjoy the company, have a few drinks (just what you nedd, eh?). Good to see you in Reno and now here on TC.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-06-27 10:56 am   Permalink

I went to Trader Dick's in Reno on Saturday with a friend and thought it was cool. Didn't some folks say it was run down and stinky? Maybe they have fixed it up but I didn't notice any bad smells. I also thought it was a great deal (compared to Trader Vics prices) that tropical drinks were around $5 and for $2-3 extra you get to keep the mug.

It was very relaxing hanging out there over a drink and listening to the Hawaiian music.

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation