FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Need turntable, please help!!!
Need turntable, please help!!!
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 02:06 am   Permalink

I am looking for a belt drive or very low rumble direct drive with an "S" shaped tone arm and quick change headshell. I am getting burnt out on ebay , so I thought of my bretheren!, what do you have?.Email me mrbuell@earthlink.com

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 4:25 pm   Permalink

Here's The one that I use.

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 10:07 pm   Permalink

I have used this one for years and have never had any problems. Great sound.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00003005A/qid=1100235844/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-electronics/102-3033447-1515312?v=glance&s=electronics&n=172282

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 12:35 am   Permalink

Here at Typhoon Terry's Ultra Lounge we use the Fisher DC Servo Motor Drive Semi Automatic MT 420 to play our fuzzy warbles on.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 08:57 am   Permalink

good stuff, but what I seek is a used, great condition 15-20 year old turntable. The new stuff is good, but they were their best back in the day (specs don't lie).So keep digging in the garage/closet.A full manual belt drive is still the best that I have heard, but am open to education from someone that swears by direct drive (providing there is very low rumble). Thanks again.TWT

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 5:24 pm   Permalink

Well, they're not cheap but here is a link to a great place that I have bought some vintage equiptment from. They have a good selection of turntables and tube amps! Remember the turntable will only sound as good as the amp you put it through. A vintage tube amp really captures the warm sound of a record.

http://www.oaktreeent.com/Stereo_Turntables_and_CD_Players.htm

[ This Message was edited by: Dimethios on 2004-11-14 17:38 ]

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 12:42 pm   Permalink

try the penny saver and the recycler. From time to time I see DJ equipment going on those.

http://pennysaverusa.com/
http://recycler.com/

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 11:49 pm   Permalink

awesome links!!!!, thank you.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 10:09 am   Permalink

Hey twowheelin, I'll sell you this one cheap. It's a '75 or '76. It's my grandmother's.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 1:11 pm   Permalink

Wow!, that thing is huge!!!. I would love to gut one of those and re-work it with top of the line components someday!. I actually just scored a nice pioneer PL550 turntable, so I am set. Thanks for the cool links. Peace, TWT

liabungalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 08:47 am   Permalink

This is a belt drive that I've fallen in love with, but haven't purchsed yet. Anyone familiar with the brand? Is it worth the price?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/search/detail/base_pid/807600/

View Profile of liabungalo Send a personal message to liabungalo  Email liabungalo Goto the website of liabungalo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WillTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-24 09:18 am   Permalink

Have you looked at the offerings from Crutchfield? Decent prices and easy to deal with folks.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4kQUePnCEY3/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=10500

[ This Message was edited by: WillTiki on 2004-11-24 09:18 ]

View Profile of WillTiki Send a personal message to WillTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation