FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Yasser Arafat Dead!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Yasser Arafat Dead!
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-11-11 07:31 am   Permalink

(Yasser, that's my baby, Nosser, I don't mean maby, Yasser that's my baby now...)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 07:36 am   Permalink

ce n'est pas la politique

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-11 09:18 am   Permalink

Just be REAL careful with this thread, folks. Moderators are watching with itchy trigger fingers.

I'm not sure what you can say about him that won't be political, other than: "He was 75."

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 09:21 am   Permalink

He was homlier than his wife, but not by much.

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 09:44 am   Permalink

It just makes me feel so damn older every time an "80's / Reagan Era " person passes on. It was bad enough when the Playboy playmates started being born in the 80's!!

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama on 2004-11-11 09:44 ]

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 09:47 am   Permalink

Mazel Tov

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 11:01 am   Permalink

embodiment of something....what was it again?????

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the drunken hat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 11:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-11 09:21, Satan's Sin wrote:
He was homlier than his wife, but not by much.

so........do you think she is a natural blonde? something tells me the carpet dosn't match the drapes!

View Profile of the drunken hat Send a personal message to the drunken hat  Email the drunken hat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 11:36 am   Permalink

Oh my gawd, what will us secular, white, middle-class, non-jewish, non-paelstenian, americans do NOW??? Oh, same as before - nothing?

Didn't Yas look exactly the same from about 1968 on? Was he a robot, or is the desert air really good for the skin? Maybe not, since he looked about 70 years old in '68, too. In any event, things are SURE to calm down in the middle east now.....

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 1:09 pm   Permalink

Yasser & Arafat alive and well

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - When Safra Hassan went into labor Thursday, she told her husband she wanted to name their child Yasser after Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, who died hours earlier.

It was only in the delivery room at Gaza's Shifa Hospital that Hassan, 32, discovered she was carrying twin boys.

"I looked at my husband and I said, we will call them Yasser and Arafat," she told The Associated Press. "I'm so proud that the name of Yasser Arafat will be in my house every day, just as the name of Yasser Arafat will be in every Palestinian house forever."

The boys, each weighing about 4 1/2 pounds, are doing well, doctors said. Safra Hassan and her husband, Rafiq, have two other children, a 7-year-old daughter and a 5-year-old son.

Safra Hassan said naming her infants for Arafat was a small gesture compared to the sacrifices he made in pursuit of Palestinian statehood.

"I hope that my children will grow up in peace and will witness Yasser Arafat's dreams become reality," she said.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 1:33 pm   Permalink

"I thought this was kind of a breakthrough. Yasser Arafat says he likes George Bush's idea of a brand new Palestinian election, as long as they count the ballots in Florida." —David Letterman

"Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon arrived in Washington Sunday night to give President Bush a 91-page book proving that Yasser Arafat funded terrorists. White House sources say that President Bush has the book and is almost done coloring it." —Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live's "Weekend Update"

"Yesterday, Yasser Arafat was finally able to leave his compound. And what an emotional scene — on the way out high-fiving all those suicide bombers." —David Letterman

"In an interview, Yasser Arafat's wife, this hypocrite, she lives in Paris by the way. She said she would gladly sacrifice her son for the Palestinian cause if she had one. She also said she would gladly become a suicide bomber herself, except she's allergic to dynamite. 'If it wasn't for that, I would gladly do it instead of shopping here in Paris.'" —Jay Leno

"Yasser Arafat is sleeping on the floor in his office with his closest aides. He is the first leader to do that since Clinton." —Jay Leno

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 2:35 pm   Permalink

I heard it said today that, now, Ringo Star is the sole owner of that face.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 08:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

Didn't Yas look exactly the same from about 1968 on? Was he a robot, or is the desert air really good for the skin? Maybe not, since he looked about 70 years old in '68, too.

Maybe he used "olive branch" oil.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 01:50 am   Permalink

If you own an AK-47...now is the time to point it straight up in the air an empty a full magazine of ammunition while screaming ayayayayayayay! That'll get your neighbor's attention. If the police come and try to cite you for discharging an unlawful firearm within city limits, just tell 'em it's a religeous ritual and protected by your Constitutional rights.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 7:30 pm   Permalink

Aquaorama wrote:"It just makes me feel so damn older every time an "80's / Reagan Era " person passes on. It was bad enough when the Playboy playmates started being born in the 80's!!"

Whats wrong with Playmates being born in the 80's? I have no problem with that whatsoever.

Of course, I only read Playboy for the articles...my magazine of choice is 'Barely Legal'.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation