FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tell tale tiki preview @ miles t's house???
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
tell tale tiki preview @ miles t's house???
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 5:34 pm   Permalink

Howdy kids!

From 7-10PM on the evening of Wednesday the 17th of November the echo of exotic sounds will emanate from my turn table, i'll mix some fresh mai tais (using a VERY POORLY kept secret concoction handed down from generation to generation), every finished painting from my upcoming show will hang for all to see on my otherwise bare walls (some framed some unframed), and with luck a MESS of tiki fans will fill my house to hang and check out my new stuff. you see we are renovating our house here in Los Feliz and in the time that the demolition is performed we are moving to another location leaving this house just like a gallery... to save people close to LA from driving to Palm Springs i have coordinated this totally special viewing with Mmodern Gallery...so YES you will be able to come see and if desired buy that night ...you won't be able to take anything home with you other than memories, receipts, hangovers, and photographs until after the exhibition is complete...hop in your woody wagons grab the nearest surf ghoul or gal next to you and come see over 24+ of 32 (or so) finished panels from the "Tell Tale Tiki" graphic novella...there are many pieces in as many shapes colors and sizes for your consideration and viewing pleasure...you'll also get to see my empty house in it's "before the addition" form...

2615 N Vermont
LA AC 90027

MAPQUEST BABY!

any questions or for directions please drop me an email

kooche@pacbell.net

mahalo and until we meet again...aloha!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 5:42 pm   Permalink

YES!

In in in in in in in in in in in.

Unless I'm out of town. But I'll really try to be back in time.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 5:46 pm   Permalink

sure why not, sounds interesting.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 10:35 pm   Permalink

Baby Boy wassup? I'm square and I'm there. Oh yeah, my woody will hopefuly make it's debut at Oasis. The house was great MT, I guess I'll see what is in the works .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-11 17:42, Humuhumu wrote:
YES!
In in in in in in in in in in in.
Unless I'm out of town.

I think this is the most Tiki Central optimism, I think we'll ever see.
Best to you Humu!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-11 11:00 pm   Permalink

Kooche!
Always loved your work.
Thank work for my un-attendance.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 06:51 am   Permalink

Awesome piece bro, wish I could be there. Might see ya again in March.
Can you say TIKI TI, Toro Toro baby.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 7:23 pm   Permalink

Kooche-
That is a beautiful painting I'd love to see more of your work. I belive I have seen one of your masterpiece's at the TIKI TI. I am going to try to be there!!!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 01:08 am   Permalink

i just walked in from the tiki ti and MAN is my stomach sweetened...kill me NOW and serve me with hot sauce and fritters...

glad you like this piece....that makes me smile to hear it...

i look forward to meeting you here wednesday!

[ This Message was edited by: kooche on 2004-11-13 12:21 ]

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 01:39 am   Permalink

I seriously thought about stopping by as I was driven home from the emergency ward.

But then the look from my wife suggested it wouldn't be happening.

Sorry I missed the oppourtunity to meet you.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 1:59 pm   Permalink

here it is..."TELL TALE TIKI"

in order with MASSIVE gaps...but i still have a month to paint until the show

[ This Message was edited by: kooche on 2004-11-14 14:00 ]

MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 3:24 pm   Permalink

Killer Kooche!

Dig those crazy colors, contrast and texture, and the chicks of course. Gotta love naked girls....I say it's about time for a nice thick coffee tale book. One of my favorite books is "Leis, Luaus and Alohas". As soon as you come out with one, it'll be on my coffee table for ever.

I'm gonna have to do some serious begging to get my wife to let me come up from San Diego. Maybe Sirginn and I can carpool.

Gene

www.fallingcocos.com

[ This Message was edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-11-14 15:27 ]

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 4:36 pm   Permalink

Gene

COFFEE TABLE book?

you kill me man...this is supposed to be about a 20 page graphic novel...if it gets published it'll weigh less than my next meal WITHOUT the plate!

glad you like all the visuals...it has been SO FUN to paint!

begging your wife...nobody beats me! i hope you can make it up! thanks again!

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 8:35 pm   Permalink

seriously, after seeing the pictures cant wait to see the real deal.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thorsten Hasenkamm
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 05:48 am   Permalink

These are all great, I already told you that I'd really like to see this great stuff in person...

View Profile of Thorsten Hasenkamm Send a personal message to Thorsten Hasenkamm  Email Thorsten Hasenkamm Goto the website of Thorsten Hasenkamm     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation