FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Scott Peterson Verdict in...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Scott Peterson Verdict in...
Tiki Rider
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 10:38 pm   Permalink

OJ will be disapointed. He was probably looking forward to a golf partner. Hey they could have teamed up with John and Patsy Ramsey for a foursome searching for the real killers of their loved ones on golf courses everywhere. He can always hope for an appeal.

View Profile of Tiki Rider Send a personal message to Tiki Rider      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-12 10:47 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

....even if he gets a death sentence, given how often they execute people in California.

[/quote]

They got to make these things go on Pay Per View. The state would make bank!!! We used to watch Tyson kill people. Why not the state??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilee
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-11-13 05:24 am   Permalink

Yes RBD, that is a popular question of late. If the execution was on pay per view, would you watch it. Heck, if it was free would you watch it. Has anyone ever seen that old eighties movie "Death Row Game Show". It was sort of like Fear Factor, but if you failed your stunt you were immediately executed is some bizarre or (amusing) manor. I know it sounds heartless but hey, these criminals are scum bags.

I also agree that the media has gone way too far with this one. Why in the world would this nation need five helicopters flying over the Peterson homestead; a waste of gas if you ask me. I can't imagine what its like for a family of a victim. They can't even go to the store with out bumping into a tabloid at the check out line. It just a constant reminder of tragedy, where in the world does the healing begin. That would probably drive me insane. It’s hard enough to deal with death as it is, why make it any worse for a victim by throwing a Media parade. Yes it is a tragedy, show some respect rather than thinking about ratings. These are people’s lives, not puppets.
My thoughts go out to those families; it just keeps getting worse and worse. Hopefully the healing process can finally begin for Laci's family, after the "Hype" of this has died down of course.

View Profile of tikilee Send a personal message to tikilee  Email tikilee Goto the website of tikilee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 09:51 am   Permalink

This whole thing was a massive distraction from things and decisions that will affect us all for far longer.

I just loved the ghouls gathered outside who cheered like it was some sporting event.
Like a buncha idiots living vicariously through their sports team.

Yes it was a horrible thing that happened, but I don't recall the press going apesh*t over the lady who was raped and beaten severely. I had to sit on her jury.

My prediction is this will fade to relative obscurity in about five years.

Ok jump on me about sports.

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-12 21:13, Jungle Trader wrote:
Don't ya' just love Jon Stewart and Dennis Miller.

Hmm. To me, this is like asking, "Aren't Dorothy Parker and Carrot Top witty?"

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 4:50 pm   Permalink

Jon Stewart is funny at least.

Dennis Miller has to pay people to sit and listen to his flat tire delivery.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 8:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-13 09:51, TikiGardener wrote:
This whole thing was a massive distraction from things and decisions that will affect us all for far longer.

I just loved the ghouls gathered outside who cheered like it was some sporting event.
Like a buncha idiots living vicariously through their sports team.

Yes it was a horrible thing that happened, but I don't recall the press going apesh*t over the lady who was raped and beaten severely. I had to sit on her jury.

My prediction is this will fade to relative obscurity in about five years.

Ok jump on me about sports.

A few weeks before or after Laci went missing, a pregnant latina woman went missing in SF, and a few months later, her body was dredged from the bay, and the baby was never found. Did she get a "True Hollywood Story" ? NO, the SF Chronicle actually did a story, on the fact that her disappearance was NOT front page news, guess where it ran? page 3.
Laci Peterson was front page news cause she was white and pretty, pregnant was a bonus, and Christmas Eve was double bonus. Sad? yes, but True Hollywood Story? please, let's reserve that for Paris Hilton and J Lo... (sarcasm)

Anyway, I was pretty appalled at the cheering squad out front of the court house, I'd say "what has our country come to" But I don't even want to go there!

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 8:37 pm   Permalink

I'd lay even money that if they brought back public executions that the same peopl would be there eating cotton candy, partying with their kids and jeering like howler monkies do when the first rays of the sun break over the horizon.

Pack mentality. In the land that prides itself on the "individual". Be different, so long as its what everybody else is doing...

And thats not even my pain medication talking, as I'm not on any.

TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 9:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah, what was up with all those people cheering outside the court house? Get a job!

Oops...sorry, I guess it was all those 'value voters' and 'security moms' we keep hearing about. Thank god for them...

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 12:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-13 20:37, TikiGardener wrote:
I'd lay even money that if they brought back public executions that the same peopl would be there eating cotton candy, partying with their kids and jeering like howler monkies do when the first rays of the sun break over the horizon.

A number of media outlets (including SF's KQED) in recent years have sued for the right to televise executions, and all requests have gone down in flames. If one were to be broadcast live and the execution was by lethal injection, I think viewers would feel cheated.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 09:07 am   Permalink

it's time to start RUNNING!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 1:06 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2004-11-12 16:12, donhonyc wrote:
Sad, yes. Guilty,uh... yeah...c'mon. Who dyes their hair and hops in a car for Mexico after his wife goes missing? Please!

But you know what? WHO-CARES!!

This story was relevant for one reason and one reason only: The press was all over this because they were an attractive young couple and *gasp* how could this happen?!! Oh lordy!!!

This is no doubt a sad story, and I feel bad for the families, but why should I know what is essentially, their own private business?

If this were an unnactractive couple or people of color, the media wouldn't have touched this story with a ten foot pole. Stuff like this happens EVERYDAY all across the country. Billy Bob who kills his 250 pound wife, so he can take off with the trashy tramp girlfriend down at the local dive bar doesn't make headlines. That stuff, at the very least, gets some air-time on 'America's Most Wanted' or 'Cops'. It's a little sad that we have to get fixated on media fodder like this when it isn't much different from anything else that unfortunately, has to unfold this way

NEXT!!!!!

I only halfway agree with this...Scott Peterson's case is interesting because we are dealing with a intelligent sociopath, one who lies like an expert..his lies are what made it interesting. When "billybob" does the same thing to go with a trailer princess, no one is interested because the case is so obvious. This one, although also pretty obvious, was much more interesting because of the lies he told!

I would like to add that even if this creep really did not do it..he should get jail JUST FOR LEAVING HIS PREGNANT WIFE ALONE ON CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of a scumbag does that?

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 1:24 pm   Permalink

I posted my Laci Peterson Story here

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11843&forum=6&vpost=125590

My last name is also Peterson. People talk to me constantly about this case as if he was 'kin folk. Makes me f'n crazy!

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 8:00 pm   Permalink

When will wandering husbands learn California is a no-fault divorce state?

A few years ago, there was another husband who killed his (yes, attractive and white) wife and then, apparantly, disposed of the body by tossing it overboard into the ocean with a weight (one of his own, apparently as there was one missing). He, too was convicted.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 9:17 pm   Permalink

If by some twist of voodoo I am turned into an unemployed howler monkey, I know I can find lots of pals hangin' out in front of courthouses!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation