FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Domainers at Tiki Central?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Domainers at Tiki Central?
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-13 11:11 am   Permalink

Are there any Domain Owner/Sellers here at Tiki Central? This forum is alot more fun than the Domain Name Forums!

Spread 'Da Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Hitch on 2004-11-13 11:12 ]

View Profile of Hula Hitch Send a personal message to Hula Hitch  Email Hula Hitch Goto the website of Hula Hitch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-14 7:37 pm   Permalink

Nobody!?!?!?!

I've been collecting Domain Names, here are a few to get this party started:
ShakaShack.com
HulaMobile.com
HulaMail.com
SpreadDaAloha.com

Anybody got others? Any domain name ideas?

Spread 'Da Aloha!

View Profile of Hula Hitch Send a personal message to Hula Hitch  Email Hula Hitch Goto the website of Hula Hitch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-14 9:38 pm   Permalink

I once had a dream of sending my rubber shark around the world. I cleverly bought RubberShark.com to begin building my empire, and world domination.

The next day I forgot about it until now.

So endeth my soliloquy

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-15 06:17 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear that Gigantalope. Still own it?

By the way, RubberShark.net, RubberShark.org, and RubberShark.info are also taken.

Spread 'Da Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Hula Hitch on 2004-11-15 06:18 ]

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-16 10:12 pm   Permalink

I've got a handful of them, mostly related to my various projects... LeftOrbitTemple, TikiRoadTrip, and BigStoneHead... most of 'em just point back to my main site at tydirium.net.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 08:36 am   Permalink

i have 40+ domains, too... but most all are related to my various projects.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-17 08:49 am   Permalink

does that make you a domainatrix?

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-17 08:36, Futura Girl wrote:
i have 40+ domains, too... but most all are related to my various projects.

Not Sharing any with us?

Spread 'Da Aloha!

Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-17 10:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-17 08:49, Johnny Dollar wrote:
does that make you a domainatrix?

Spread 'Da Aloha!

finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 08:20 am   Permalink

How does one go about securing a domain name?

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-18 08:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-18 08:20, finkdaddy wrote:
How does one go about securing a domain name?

You can go to one of hundreds of registrars (competition of enormous these days), and type it into the check availability window and see if it's available. There are a number of different TLD's (the dot extension) now so .COM, .NET, .INFO, .ORG, even a .NAME can be picked!

I would recommend
www.Registerfly.com or www.enom.com as the cost is reasonable and the extras are great. If you need help I'd be happy to assist a fellow Tiki Freak. Just PM or email me - Lance@TropicalDetails.com

Spread 'Da Aloha!

spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 09:25 am   Permalink

spyboproyale.com

Everything you could want to know about 60's spy music if you actually wanted to know anything at all.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 11:56 am   Permalink

I recommend using
www.doteasy.com

Humuhumu hooked me up with them, and they've been good so far.

As stated above, you just yupe the domain you want into a search box, and if it is available you can get it for one year, two years, five years, etc. You just give 'em your credit card and off you go.

Doteasy also gives you 1 gigabyte of bandwidth and 20 megs (I think) of disk space, so you can have them host your site. This site hosting is free, but they have upgrade options that cost bucks (reasonably priced, if these are services you need).

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-19 8:21 pm   Permalink

I AM PSYCHED!

Just picked up TIKISURF.com from drop/expire! Don't know what to do with it yet, but what a cool domain...

I gotta go get a for that one!!!!!

Spread 'Da Aloha!

Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 08:46 am   Permalink

Hey Hula Hitch -
there is a domian I've had my eye on - that is set to expire next year. How does one go about being "first in line" to grab it when it becomes available?

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation