FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Coconut Bay Cafe and Club Coconuts, Little Rock, AR (restaurant)
Coconut Bay Cafe and Club Coconuts, Little Rock, AR (restaurant)
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 3:10 pm   Permalink

Name:Coconut Bay Cafe and Club Coconuts
Type:restaurant
Street:300 President Clinton Ave.
City:Little Rock
State:AR
Zip:72201
Phone:501-372-6100, 01

Description:
This is a large restaurant and bar in a trendy area of Little Rock which uses seagrass tiki masks and wood masks of a borderline tiki nature in the decor. I was told by an employee that it is about a year old.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-13 3:22 pm   Permalink

I passed this place while on a trip that had a non-tiki agenda and literally had about five minutes to dash in and look around. I was not allowed close enough to the masks to photograph them without paying a cover charge, which wasn't practical. They do offer mixed drinks but I didn't see anything I'd call a tiki drink on the menu. I didn't get a look at a food menu.
I wouldn't say anyone should go out of their way to investigate this place, especially as it was full of the trendy set, but if any TCer lives in the area, it'd be interesting to get a better report. The streetcars and old buildings in the area have a nice restored urban feel.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 3:01 pm   Permalink

My brother works for the cities of Little Rock and North LR. I'll have him go by and check it out. Will let you know how it stacks up.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-15 4:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I passed this place while on a trip that had a non-tiki agenda and literally had about five minutes to dash in and look around.

Hey G,
Does that mean you were covering the Clinton Pres. library dedication? (was Monica there?)

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation