FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Your top 15 Tiki songs...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Your top 15 Tiki songs...
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 8:14 pm   Permalink

"Welcome to the Jungle"- Guns 'n Roses

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrtikibar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-17 8:24 pm   Permalink

My Les Baxter choice would be Simba.

View Profile of mrtikibar Send a personal message to mrtikibar  Email mrtikibar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-18 01:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-08 07:19, tikitortured wrote:
Not to be homophobic or anything, but I like the "girl from Ipanema" better.

But THAT was sung by a lady, too!

KK

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 07:33 am   Permalink

The one I like the best it Thank god the tiki bar is open by John

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitortured
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 9:06 pm   Permalink

?

View Profile of tikitortured Send a personal message to tikitortured  Email tikitortured Goto the website of tikitortured     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
motiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-05 6:32 pm   Permalink

Tiki Tortured,

I have to agree that "The Girl from Iponema" is a true classic. I would like to add that if anybody is into old timey Hawaiian, I love Hukilau Hulas and listen to it whenever I plow snow for the rural town I work for in New Jersey. You can listen to it at Amazon.com. Hukilau and Little Grass Shack, it just doesn't get any better than that!

[ This Message was edited by: motiki on 2005-03-05 19:28 ]

View Profile of motiki Send a personal message to motiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exoticaJunkie

Posted: 2005-03-08 1:49 pm   Permalink

Hawaiian Tattoo by Martin Denny The whole cd is spellbinding! Now if I could only find a cleaner copy of it?

[ This Message was edited by: exoticaJunkie on 2005-03-08 13:50 ]

View Profile of exoticaJunkie Send a personal message to exoticaJunkie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-08 7:09 pm   Permalink

I love "simba" by Les Baxter as well.. My wife walked down the the isle to marry me to that song at Sam's Seafood. That is an awesome song!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toobtiki

Posted: 2010-08-24 10:57 am   Permalink

I just came back from Tiki Oasis 10 and because I was suffering from withdrawls I made this music playlist inspired by your suggestions! THANK YOU!

Listen to this and enjoy your week:

http://toobbox.com/playlist/tiki-oasis-2010

View Profile of toobtiki Send a personal message to toobtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tasco

Posted: 2010-08-25 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-24 10:57, toobtiki wrote:
Listen to this and enjoy your week:
http://toobbox.com/playlist/tiki-oasis-2010

I first listened to lounge (coffee house) music during my second deployment to Iraq. I liked what I heard but never ventured any further than the CD I had. I get back back to the states where my wife has just made friends with someone who is in to tiki. Now that she has her torches, shes content. But I'm not. I like the idea so much that I have been researching everything tiki for the last few months. I found almost everything I would like to get for my yard but its been the music that's been hard. Now that you gave me a great starting point, I shouldn't have any problems finding ones I like.

View Profile of Tasco Send a personal message to Tasco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-26 07:19 am   Permalink

Tacso, welcome back from Iraq and THANK YOU!!!!! Welcome to Tiki Central

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tasco

Posted: 2010-08-26 7:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-08-26 07:19, MadDogMike wrote:
Tacso, welcome back from Iraq and THANK YOU!!!!! Welcome to Tiki Central

Thank you for your support.

View Profile of Tasco Send a personal message to Tasco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Jacoby

Posted: 2010-08-27 10:18 am   Permalink

Wow, this is hard! It would have to have Martin Denny, Les Baxter, Arthur Lyman and Hui Ohana on it!

View Profile of Dr. Jacoby Send a personal message to Dr. Jacoby      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beach Bum Scott
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-30 3:10 pm   Permalink

Just put in "Jungle Jetsetter" by Tikiyaki or a Quiet Village podcast and be done!!!

View Profile of Beach Bum Scott Send a personal message to Beach Bum Scott      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation