FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Shag With a Twist
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Shag With a Twist
Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 2:09 pm   Permalink

muah hahahaha

it's still a mystery folks

http://www.shagwithatwist.com

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 10:03 pm   Permalink

There's an ad in LA Weekly for this, but still no details. Anyone got an inside scoop?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 10:50 pm   Permalink

i am meeting with them manana and will report back.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-03 05:47 am   Permalink

Sounds cool. A stage production featuring the Shag lifestyle. If the ideas of John Waters can evolve themselves to a successful theatre production, then why not the same for the work of Shag?

I see lots of live theatre, and I would much rather see a show that would feature tikis, the jet-set life, cocktails, and an exotic musical background, than another traditional production of Shakespeare. The closest I've ever seen was a production of a 'Go-Go Pirate Show' performed on board the U.S.S. Constellation in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, which mixed pirates and 60's era go-go dancers, and was lots of fun.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-11 3:40 pm   Permalink

Shag with a Twist is a new kind of theatrical experience...

It is a full length Broadway style show that will be presented at the Los Angeles Theater Center in March, 2005. This is going to be the hottest show to come to L.A. in a long time. It's literally like seeing a SHAG painting come to life!!! It combines a jazzy soundtrack with balletic dance and a Murder Mystery story. You know you'll want to see it once it hits town - so why not reap the benefits of being on the inside edge and see it first?

Friends of both Lotta Living and Tiki Central are invited to see special sneak previews of the show as members of the "Special Jetsetters Club"

The cost is $85... and For that price - you get a pair as in 2 (two) tickets to a sneak preview, a SHAG t-Shirt, a "Shag with a Twist" CD and discount prices off future tickets. and free subscription to the the JetSetter newsletter.

Tell 'em you found out about it from Tiki Central.

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 12:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Futura Girl on 2005-02-21 22:17 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 1:21 pm   Permalink

Hi Futura!
How do I score the sound track CD?
(I can't make the opening of the Jetsetters Club)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-11 7:02 pm   Permalink

join the mailing list - the link's on the website.

and if/when they release the soundtrack - they'll send out an announcement through their email i'm sure...

Cherry Capri
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-30 08:33 am   Permalink

Fiiiiiinally...
the approval has come through to let the site go live...

check it out!

IF YOU JOIN THEIR MAILING LIST - PLEASE LET 'EM KNOW YOU HEARD ABOUT IT FROM Cherry Capri!

View Profile of Cherry Capri Send a personal message to Cherry Capri  Goto the website of Cherry Capri     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-21 10:20 pm   Permalink

saw this dropped on the first page - so BUMP...
the preview shows start in a little over a week on March 3rd.

Don't forget to support this show - which does feature the artwork of SHAG... one of our own favorite artists.

There are rumors of Otto doing a Tiki News Night for the show... How about a Tiki Central night combination?

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-22 09:54 am   Permalink

March 26 will be the tiki news night, and I guess I'll be there, YES !!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiCrow
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-02-22 10:14 pm   Permalink

How did you find out it was March 26?

And do TCers/TikiNews subscribers get tickets for that night by going through ShagWithATwist.com (just like for any other night) or is there a special way for us to get tickets?

I could have sworn that earlier today I saw something about the TikiNews night show but I sure couldn't re-find it tonight???

View Profile of TikiCrow Send a personal message to TikiCrow  Email TikiCrow Goto the website of TikiCrow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-23 5:34 pm   Permalink

Otto announced it through the Tiki New email list I believe... but awe shoot - that is the Viva Las Vegas weekend... and I'll be in Vegas

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

dua tale

Posted: 2005-03-01 6:43 pm   Permalink

Is anyone going to SWAT this Thursday?

View Profile of dua tale Send a personal message to dua tale  Goto the website of dua tale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-03 12:41 pm   Permalink

Booked for Tiki News night (March 26th). Should be an interesting evening. We're headed up from San Diego to see the Mark Ryden exhibit earlier in the day. Then, we're hitting the Tiki Ti (if they're open). If anyone wants to meat up let us know.

FYI, the SWAT toll free phone line has been nonfunctional all week. I finally had to call the non-free number to make my reservation, 562-495-0656. They say they're working on the phone problem.

See ya there...

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation