FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki What's the worst thing in your neigborhood? (not counting us)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
What's the worst thing in your neigborhood? (not counting us)
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 8:31 pm   Permalink

What's in your neighborhood that's hideous? Some vulgar thing that gets your goat every time you pass it...it just does NOT belong?
(Not any of our charming stuff, we're eclectic that's different)

Have any of your neighbors...cemented up their lawn? or decided to make their bungalow into a Colonial house? Put bars up on the windows?

How about those flowery scented railroad tie above ground planters by your bedroom winter?

How about cutting huge old trees down so the birds wont poop on their car?

Maybe a motorhome in front of their house (or yours?) with a Shit-happens sticker?

How about do-it-yourself giant expansions that go to your property line?

Patio Swings? Arbors? Gazebos? Hoopas??

As fond as I am of these, and those buzzy quartz lights which I forgot to include...I have a strong dislike for flag poles on suburban houses.

What about you?
Hmmm?

[ This Message was edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-11-18 20:32 ]

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 9:10 pm   Permalink

I can't handle all the SUVs in my area! I live in Walnut Creek, it's not like people here are all about driving up a damn mountain...and whats up with people driving Hummers??!! Gag!

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 9:18 pm   Permalink

But you gotta admit, your neighbors need 4Wheel Drive...and I'm sure they are muddy all the time too from hard use..

Vent, that's the ticket!

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 9:45 pm   Permalink

Oh man I've been wanting to vent forEVER!

We have this one rental property on the block, and everyone that lives there seems to be a few lime squirts short of a mai tai if you catch my drift...

Well the last people that were there had this huge dog that would always be sitting on the front lawn. It would come after Gypsy and I every time we walked past! They had this bed frame as a fence...while I appreciate the recycle/artsy fartsy factor, it hardly kept the dog in. On a plus side, right behind the fence they had a freaky bird cage full of doll parts. That was kind of cool.

This family, their dog and dolls are FINALLY gone, but the craptastic bed frame of a fence is still there. Now if I can only convince the trans am owner that illegally repairs vehicles in his driveway to move his white trash mobile away from the front of my house.

Other than that...nice and quiet around here!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 9:50 pm   Permalink

The numnut neighbors acroos the street and 2 doors down painted there house yellow. I mean Neon bright yellow. Lemons think this house is too yellow. To make matters worse they painted the trim floresent green. Incredible hulk green.

Neighbors have tried talking to them, called the city, even threatened to repaint it while they weren't home.

Everyone that comes over to my house says "dude, are your neighbors blind?" My 82 year old grandmother said it best and I quote "oh..that just makes me stomach hurt looking at that".

Maybe I'll post a pic if I have time.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 9:58 pm   Permalink

i have a 16 year old nieghbor with a new licence to drive and a lead foot. We tried to warn her to slow down as there are lots of kids on the block but she didnt. So i called the cops and then got the 6 other nieghbors to call. What finally did it was when my nieghbor , who is a cop called and complained , she now doesnt drive because her parents cant afford her insurence hike from the tickets she got.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beatnikine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-18 11:15 pm   Permalink

Once a year, Simi Valley sponsors "Cow Chip Bingo" -- signs get plastered everywhere...

Who are these people paying money to see a cow plop and what are they doing in my town???

View Profile of Beatnikine Send a personal message to Beatnikine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 11:26 pm   Permalink

Laney will like this: The Salty Whore..... a neighbor's beat-up, run down motorhome, the kind that has big globs of caulking around the windows & duct tape holding some of the siding on.... it actually says "The Salty Whore" in peel-n-stick vinyl stickers across the back...

the only road trips it ever sees these days is its move to the other side of the street on street sweeping day......

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-18 11:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-18 23:26, Traderpup wrote:
it actually says "The Salty Whore" in peel-n-stick vinyl stickers across the back...

I was wondering who bought my old motorhome!

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 12:21 am   Permalink

I do hate flag poles, but must admit one flying these would be okay...or the hide of a Mime.

http://www.after5catalog.com/product/466.aspx

http://www.edbydesign.com/books/B0000AY35E.html

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 04:49 am   Permalink

I dunno. I'd like to be able to paint my house lemon yellow without worrying about neighbours giving me the hairy eyeball for it. I mean, if I buy a house, shouldn't I be able to paint it any damn colour I like?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 05:15 am   Permalink

Does that mean my planned A-Frame frontage for the house or 6 ft Moai will be in bad taste?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 06:35 am   Permalink

Next door neighbors-single mom with (we think) two sons.One is a drug dealer,the other thinks he's Keith Moon,drums away his afternoons.Haven't seen the drug dealer son for a while-my husband saw him get busted when he was out walking.The mom does all the leaves and stuff.They always wave and say hello,so as long as they stay away from our daughter,they're o.k.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 06:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-19 05:15, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Does that mean my planned A-Frame frontage for the house or 6 ft Moai will be in bad taste?

hey kon, post a picture of your house/ neighborhood! we can photoshop some artist's renderings of the above for you to present to your neighbours brilliant!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 07:54 am   Permalink

Personally, I couldn't a fart what my neighbors think!!! LOL!!!

Matty

Quote:

On 2004-11-19 05:15, Kon-Hemsby wrote:

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation