[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Duran Duran "astronaut"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Duran Duran "astronaut"
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 4:48 pm   Permalink

I thought I saw a post a while back about this, but a search revealed no matches..

I just got this album and have to say it is one of the best DD albums EVER! Every song is absolutely great! The whole, original band together! This is the album that should have come after 7 and the ragged tiger!! Every album since then was too "studio perfect" with ringer guitarists and drummers. Getting Andy and Roger back got the groove back!

This album is a validation of why I thought they were one of the best of the 80's bands!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 5:10 pm   Permalink

Downloading it now...

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 5:20 pm   Permalink

rehanging the Nagel prints now...

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 5:23 pm   Permalink

applying eye liner now...

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 5:52 pm   Permalink

Dyeing my hair now, while watching "Sing Blue Silver."

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-19 6:51 pm   Permalink

Stapeling epaulets to my shoulders now...ouch!

[ This Message was edited by: Kono on 2004-11-19 18:53 ]

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2004-11-20 12:29 am   Permalink

Smearing my feces onto the backs of naked groupies now....

Oh sorry, that was Warren Cuccurullo.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 3:11 pm   Permalink

And then I raaaan,I ran so far awaaaaay....

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 8:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 00:29, martiki wrote:
Smearing my feces onto the backs of naked groupies now....

<snerk>

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 15:11, docwoods wrote:
And then I raaaan,I ran so far awaaaaay....

No, that was these guys:

DO NOT CONFUSE THEM!!

vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-22 10:41 pm   Permalink

Can we all just go back to the 80's now when all the beautiful people were everywhere and no one went out without without their make up and hair done? Now everyone just looks like crap all the time, even at events. WTF? OK, so maybe what's inside is more important, but since there are not that many spiritually beautiful people anyway, I still think they all could use a little make up and hairspray.

Sorry, I should not be PWD (posting while drunk). Oh well. Tough noogies!

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 06:16 am   Permalink

Cynfulcynner-you're right! I tend to mix up my big hair bands-I guess a few episodes of "I Love The Eighties" would straighten my right out.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki mick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 08:27 am   Permalink

Seriously though, people often judge Duran Duran for thier "look" during the 80's new romantic movement, and they judge them as being a "boy band" just like NKOTB or NSYNC.

But I grew up hearing these guys, and other 80's bands and Duran Duran was always a bit different. In their music are obvious influences: Bowie, Roxy Music, Thin Lizzy, Giorgio Moroder, Chic and others. All great bands. I find it interesting that the guitarist also thought they were pretty lame looking when he first auditioned.

Unlike NSYNC, Duran Duran has been working for 24 years now, and can still come up with an album of fresh, energized material, even in this day and age!

I think they are great!

View Profile of tiki mick Send a personal message to tiki mick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 08:50 am   Permalink

As a bass player, I have to say that Duran Duran's bass player is one of the best there is, along with the bass player from The Fixx, and Kajagoogoo. I'm not posting this as a joke, these guys were awsome musicians.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 10:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-23 08:50, finkdaddy wrote:
As a bass player, I have to say that Duran Duran's bass player is one of the best there is, along with the bass player from The Fixx, and Kajagoogoo. I'm not posting this as a joke, these guys were awsome musicians.

The bass guy from the Fixx was amazing, but if you look at their album pictures he is never in them. The other four guys are in the pix, but the bass player just has his name listed. I always thought this was a little weird!

And the guy from DD is a good bass player too, he's probably the best musician in the band. Listen to what the bass is doing behind the sax solo in the song "Rio" if you need proof.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation