FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts some of my paintings (new London Luau painting Pg 2)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
some of my paintings (new London Luau painting Pg 2)
Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-15 12:22 am   Permalink

here is one I have been working on, i'm not sure if it is finished or not.

View Profile of Bobby Peru Send a personal message to Bobby Peru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 05:05 am   Permalink

Yo Bobby, your art is Really cool. I love the lighting and the coloring of the underwater scenes. Your tikis are also Very expressive. Noce Work. You could hang around my walls anytime!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 06:22 am   Permalink

Hey, BP, very nice work! It has a unique style too. Keep posting.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 06:44 am   Permalink

VERY cool! I'm very, very impressed.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 07:12 am   Permalink

Good stuff Bob!

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 07:31 am   Permalink

Loverly!

I really like the mixture of tiki and ocean. Makes me think of some lost surf gods.

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-15 4:42 pm   Permalink

Again, that piece is awesome. Loving your stuff.

I heard a quote that art is never finished. it is merely abandoned.

You dont do prints of your work do you?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-03-29 5:42 pm   Permalink

guys
My artwork is now for sale in the UK through
www.cheekytiki.com so if you are over that way check em out.

View Profile of Bobby Peru Send a personal message to Bobby Peru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-10 02:13 am   Permalink

heres the piece I have been working on for the London Luau exhibition.
Its inspired by a recent trip to the Cook islands. ( check tiki travel for some pics.)

cheers
BoB

Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-10 02:18 am   Permalink

Ok how do I swap this to the "other crafts" section?

cheers
Bob

kctiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 07:06 am   Permalink

These underwater tikis are great. As one with an aversion to putting my head underwater, I can see I'm really missing out.

View Profile of kctiki Send a personal message to kctiki  Email kctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-12 6:41 pm   Permalink

I've always been a huge fan of paintings that show the power of nature takingover. I'm thinking in particular of an artist (and I can't remember his name at this moment!) who went through ancient egypt in the late 1800's painting the ruins under gobs of sand with a few small people and camals milling about. That is the image that comes to mind when I see your underwater archealogy type paintings. The mystery of fallen civilizations. I absolutley love them. who ever is fortunate enough to purchase this piece is one lucky art hound indeed. Excellent work.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 8:50 pm   Permalink

Thats awesome man! Great to see some new work - its been a long wait though!

Love it - great piece. Have you considered doing prints?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bobby Peru
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-15 05:33 am   Permalink

thanks for the great feedback guys.
Kc it really is a beautiful world down there, glad I can bring a little of it to you.

Polynesiac, I love art that makes you use your imagination so it is a huge compliment that you find that in my work.

Hewey, Its great to be painting again, glad you like it

cheers guys
Bob

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-15 11:52 pm   Permalink

About bloody time Bob - does this mean your website will be up to date too!!?? Great stuff! If you catch up with the cheekytiki crew can you pass on my regards - are they venturing up to QLD this time? I had the chance to meet them at my Luau a couple of years ago - it was pretty hectic - but managed to share a beer and have a quick yarn. Love to spend a bit more time with them without the "playing host to the hourds" stress. Back to the paint brush with ya!

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation