[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Basketball brawl-sports has reached a new low
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Basketball brawl-sports has reached a new low
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 3:38 pm   Permalink

Go to www.msnbc.com to watch grown men who make a great big pile of money acting like schoolyard bullies beat up the very fans who support their salaries.Only for the strong of stomach.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 3:57 pm   Permalink

I was wnderin' if anyone had an opinion on this event. I think how it's shown makes it look worse than it is...

I think there is alot going on with the egos pf people paid millions of dollars who have never had to say to themelves "I better not do this or I could loose this sweet gig"

A building full of drunks throwing stuff not thinking they might get some jail time too...or worse yet, loose some teeth...certainly makes it worse.

Soccer...fans throwing bags of urine, and stabbing each other...now THAT'S over the top.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Geeky Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 4:25 pm   Permalink

Usually, schoolyard bullies don't require you to throw a cup full of liquid at them first, eh?

What would you do if somebody hit you with a cup full of soda or beer?

I say you're taking a calculated risk when you throw shit at a large human.

Same with the "fan" who went onto the court to keep the fight going. I say, you go on the court with violent intentions, then whatever happens next is your own damn problem. Buncha Eminem wannabe's.

What I can't figure out is who would throw a perfectly good 12 dollar (yup, twelve dollar!) beer at somebody. Throwing 12.00 beers is a sign from God that you have too much money. Throwing away alcohol of any kind is a sign of bad breeding. I've never even thrown free beer at anybody, let alone 12.00. Shameful.

I wouldn't suspend any of those players - well, maybe Ben Wallace for the game related incident. But just one game.

On the plus side, I bet it's the first time almost all of us have seen Detroit or Indy on TV this year. Just so long as they spell N-B-A right, eh?

<Please turn sarcasm interpreter on while reading post. No flagrant personal foul intended.>

View Profile of Geeky Tiki Send a personal message to Geeky Tiki  Email Geeky Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 5:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 16:25, Geeky Tiki wrote:

I say you're taking a calculated risk when you throw shit at a large human.

Usually, the only ones who get away with this activity are safely beyond a barrier inside a zoo exhibit.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 6:09 pm   Permalink

Well said,Zebratiki! I'm reminded of the phrase "Soccer is the most boring sport in the world,yet people riot because of it-American Football is the most violent sport in the world,yet people fall asleep watching it".Don't know where basketball fits in.Alright,I've had a few Chardonnays.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 6:32 pm   Permalink

People (fans) get way to emotional about sports. I can understand (but don't condone) athletes flying off the handle in the heat of the moment. Celebrities, sports figures, politians, etc. all get objectified by the public, bad news in and of itself. On top of that people these days seem way to justified to do and say whatever they want no matter how irrational, and there always seems to be someone there to back them up.

I should point out that, for the most part, I don't follow sports. I didn't even know about the story until checking out this thread. Events like this make us all look bad.

[ This Message was edited by: FREAKBEAR on 2004-11-21 21:32 ]

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 7:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 16:25, Geeky Tiki wrote:
Throwing away alcohol of any kind is a sign of bad breeding. I've never even thrown free beer at anybody, let alone 12.00. Shameful.

Shameful is an understatement. Despicable is more like it. May they rot in a fiery Hell. Without beer.

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 7:56 pm   Permalink

I thought of that line..."last night I went to the fights and a hockey game broke out". Makes me yern for the old days of roller derby. I could almost hear Dick Lane yelling WHOOOOOOOO NELLY!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 8:31 pm   Permalink

Shipwreck...Dick Lane..."A Country Mile" Dick Lane?

Remember the match race between Ralpy Balladeros and Ronnie Psycho Reines?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-20 9:27 pm   Permalink

While sipping on my belgian triple ale, I say PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!
C'mon, That "Old Europe" has these boys beat by a hundred kilometers.

Soccer hooliganism, heck Rugby just the sport, have this childs play beat.

Look at the violence at south american football matches.

More than once, teams have gotten involved.

I have a theory, but it involves certain mumbo jumbo practices that allow people to feel better about themselves after they've been complete idiots.

TG

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Hitch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-20 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 16:25, Geeky Tiki wrote:What would you do if somebody hit you with a cup full of soda or beer?

Get wet?

Pathetic group of fans, but an even worse group of thugs, errrr Basketball Players. Get some class...

Spread 'Da Aloha!

View Profile of Hula Hitch Send a personal message to Hula Hitch  Email Hula Hitch Goto the website of Hula Hitch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 10:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-20 20:31, Gigantalope wrote:

Remember the match race between Ralpy Balladeros and Ronnie Psycho Reines?

Wasn't Ronnie Psycho Reines the principal jammer for the Bombers?

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 11:14 am   Permalink

He switched sides after that and became Captain of the T-Birds, but yes, he was.

Do you remember the phone number for tickets? (Live at he olimpic)It was on the back of the penalty box.

I think it was Ricmond 9 5171...but maybe that was Zachary-All's ph?

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 11:40 am   Permalink

What a Battle Royale - a fight for the ages!

When entering the ring, or taunting players courtside, fans should remember the admonition, "protect yourself at all times."

Ron Artest should have fought Ben Wallace, not the fans. Nevertheless, the fans should not have egged on Artest, the most hot-headed player in the NBA by throwing possible career ending projectiles near his face (even though it did not hit his face).

The security issue is irrelevant - first and foremost, they are primarily ushers. Moreover, fans & players alike must be responsible for their own actions and everyone knows not to throw projectiles or punches.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 6:31 pm   Permalink

By responsible...at this point do you mean financially?

The thing that irks me, as half assed sports fan, is that neither group who acts, is prepares (nor is society) for them to be responsible for thier actions.

Too bad there isn't some parole where they would both have to live two years working at Taco Bell in some middle of nowhere dive, just sctaching out a 'livin.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation