FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki A question of edit.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
A question of edit.
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 12:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2004-11-20 20:32, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I feel that when someone subsequently edits a post they've just posted, it sort of invalidates their entire thread. . . .

swallow then mahalo. . . .

Bong, did you mean "invalidates their entire post," as they could not have posted "their entire thread?"

Maybe a subsequent edit would clarify?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 4:40 pm   Permalink

Bong, how do you feel about the 12 hour rule? If you come home from the bar at 2 AM and decide to go on Tiki Central because you feel the need to share something really "profound" and then wake up the next afternoon and view your post only to find out that you come off sounding like a completely incoherant blithering idiot (not like that has ever happened before) is OK to edit your post and try to salvage some part of your dignity, or just bite the bullet and chalk it up to the passion of the moment (nobody reads my posts anyway)? I have noticed one drawback to the post edit system...whatever you post that goes out on the internet is NOT subject to edit (unless i'm doing something wrong) so...keeping this in mind, I try not to let my mouth write a check my ass can't cash!

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 6:38 pm   Permalink

(nobody reads my posts anyway) that is not true I read all your posts, Sipwreck. So keep them coming sober or drunk I dont care.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 9:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-21 18:38, hiltiki wrote:
(nobody reads my posts anyway) that is not true I read all your posts, Sipwreck. So keep them coming sober or drunk I dont care.

i'm sorry Hiltiki; did you say something?

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-21 10:41 pm   Permalink

:~) :~) :~)

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation