FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Iris Bristol anyone?
Iris Bristol anyone?
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 12:32 am   Permalink

I've been smitten with Iris Bristol ever since I first saw her smoldering gaze from behind a tiki in the BOT (http://javasbachelorpad.com/bristol.html. It doesn't appear that she's ever come up on Tiki Central, at least by name. I was just curious about whether anyone else on TC was familiar with her, and perhaps had collected any of her photos.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 10:55 am   Permalink

None of the thumbnails on Java's site will open full size pics for me. Anyone else having that problem?

Here's a few of exotic Iris...

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-23 10:55, tikibars wrote:
None of the thumbnails on Java's site will open full size pics for me. Anyone else having that problem?

Try turning off your Pop-Up blocker. I use a bit of java code to make the pictures pop up in a new window. All those blocker programs mistake the pictures as ads.

Keep Swinging!
Java

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
javabachelor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 12:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-23 00:32, monkeyskull wrote:
I've been smitten with Iris Bristol ever since I first saw her smoldering gaze from behind a tiki in the BOT (http://javasbachelorpad.com/bristol.html. It doesn't appear that she's ever come up on Tiki Central, at least by name. I was just curious about whether anyone else on TC was familiar with her, and perhaps had collected any of her photos.

I'm familiar with her photos. Give me a little time today, and I'll post a bunch of her photos in my Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/javasbachelorpadafterdark/. There aren't too many more tiki-themed pictures, but I don't think you'll be too disappointed with her other pictures.

Keep Swinging!
Java

View Profile of javabachelor Send a personal message to javabachelor  Email javabachelor Goto the website of javabachelor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 1:51 pm   Permalink

Zaa-Zing! What happened to the wonderful 50's era standard of beauty?

-FB

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 2:04 pm   Permalink

beauty is in your mind, don't let madison avenue dictate it for you

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 11:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pics Tikibars and Javabachelor. I'd love to find the full set of photos with the BOT tike theme. (I bid on a magazine that looked like it had them, but the eBay price quickly escalated well beyond my limit.)

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 1:54 pm   Permalink

They are from a 1958 ADAM Magazine, Vol.2, No.4, and all of them are on the javasbachelorpad link. Here's an excerpt from the "article", describing what they are about:

"...a shopping trip to the Sea and Jungle Shop in nearby Glendale for the proper sort of leopard-skin Bikini in which her future could be shaped up."

Aaah, the Sea and Jungle Shop, where I bought my first Tiki! What a place!

Well, she's nice too, but I don't understand what they mean with the ending sentence:

"What ADAM wants to know is how all those dirty old clamshells, idols, gizmos and bananas got into the act..."

?! Don't they know that Tikis and Chi Chis are ALWAYS a winning combination!

Along those lines I am happy to direct your attention to a brandnew publication from the house of TASCHEN, fine publishers of the BOT.

Not to be mistaken with their recent MEN'S ADVENTURE MAGAZINE book, they are coming out with the complete history of MEN'S MAGAZINES

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/books/sex/all/facts/03812.htm

Though I prefer the originals, it will be nice to see a lot of unknown stuff, I especiallly dig the smart cover concepts of 50s mags like "Caper", "Duke", "Jem", "Monsieur", and "Gent".

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-02 2:40 pm   Permalink

I've often wondered who the striking BOT woman with the TIKI was, what eyes!
These are the two pages she had in the June 1958 Issue of Modern Man and she was also the cover girl that issue as well.

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation