[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving VonTiki's first tiki progress
VonTiki's first tiki progress
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-23 8:53 pm   Permalink

Here's the latest progress on my tiki.

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 9:22 pm   Permalink

nice work of art

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 9:37 pm   Permalink

Vontiki Moderne. Dig it!

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 9:43 pm   Permalink

Sweeet!
-FB

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-23 9:44 pm   Permalink

Muchos Gracias!

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-23 10:32 pm   Permalink

very nice work, Was most of that done with the arbour tech on the angle grinder. I am wanting to get one , there are 2 different models of them available. just wondering if its worth it?
Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2004-11-24 11:57 am   Permalink

The arbortech cutting tool works good but dulls fast. I've sharpenened it down to nubs almost already. The metal is pretty soft. They sell a carbide one as well which i'm going to purchase. When its sharp it cuts like buttah.

TikimanScott
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-27 3:58 pm   Permalink

very cool, nice work! I bought a dewalt palm sander, and realized in 5 minutes I should have gotten a grinder/sander with rotary wheel!

View Profile of TikimanScott Send a personal message to TikimanScott  Email TikimanScott Goto the website of TikimanScott     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 7:58 pm   Permalink

Lookin Good Vontiki. Those palms suck up Lots of silica and they eat steel cutters for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Carbide id the only way to go. Once you get used to roughing the piece out with chisels, you will find that several well placed cuts of the chisel will remove a big chunk of wood and it produces NO Sawdust!!! With your cutter snd grinder, ther is nothing large enough to pick up and look atand most of it is reduced to dust but it worksand I Ain't knockin it. The name of the game is to remove the wood as fast as you can leaving a smoothe finish that requires little sanding.
Just keep up the good work, the refinement will come.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation