FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tweaks to the board :)
Tweaks to the board :)
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-03-25 01:56 am   Permalink

Hi all,

So, now that I set this thing up myself I want to make sure it's tweaked right and that we got lots of help and instructions for new users. I don't want people to get frustrated trying to use this thing.

So I'm just trying to give people a head's up that throughout the next few weeks you'll be seeing some minor changes here and there to get this thing into shape.

Let me know if you notice any problems!

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-09 10:11 am   Permalink

Seems to be working fine Hanford!

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SciFiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-09 10:20 am   Permalink

First off, LOVE the site! I'm a new member - posted on the Introduction board a couple of days ago. Is there any way to keep the intro board somehow sticky and near the top of the listings? It falls so quickly it was difficult 1, to see if my intro garnered any responses (it did) and 2, to see new intros so I can be equally welcoming.

Just a thought ... it'd be great to find that section easily, at least for a newbie like me, rather than have to scroll down half a page or more each time I return.

Additionally, is there a way to get the newest intros at the top of that intro section instead of at the end? Would be neat to not have to jump to page 166 each time, but just open and the latest would be at the top.

Not serious complaints, mind you - just suggestions. Again, I really, REALLY enjoy the site and look forward to being an active member moving forward!

Jeff

View Profile of SciFiGuy Send a personal message to SciFiGuy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 06:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-09 10:11, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Seems to be working fine Hanford!

Flounder, are you caught in some sort of time-space continuum thingy?

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 09:12 am   Permalink

I was in a Total Perspective Vortex for quite some time.

I went and found the oldest post on the site just for shits and giggles.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 09:49 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:57 ]

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-10 11:00 am   Permalink

"Is there any way to keep the intro (thread) somehow sticky and near the top of the listings? It falls so quickly...It'd be great to find that section easily, at least for a newbie like me, rather than have to scroll down half a page or more each time I return." SciFiGuy

As someone who likese to see TC stayin' neat and pretty I think this is a great idea.

If the
Introductions! New members post here thread were fixed at the top of the General Tiki forum it may help keep down more or less content free threads which often bury threads full of good information.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paddy O'furniture
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-10 2:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-10 11:00, woofmutt wrote:
"Is there any way to keep the intro (thread) somehow sticky and near the top of the listings? It falls so quickly...It'd be great to find that section easily, at least for a newbie like me, rather than have to scroll down half a page or more each time I return." SciFiGuy

As someone who likese to see TC stayin' neat and pretty I think this is a great idea.

If the Introductions! New members post here thread were fixed at the top of the General Tiki forum it may help keep down more or less content free threads which often bury threads full of good information.

yep

View Profile of Paddy O'furniture Send a personal message to Paddy O'furniture      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation