[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving You're up Benzart
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
You're up Benzart
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 6:22 pm   Permalink

Where's #52? I got a feeling you got something good coming and I'm dying to see it!

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2004-11-24 7:46 pm   Permalink

Benzart,

Your tiki medallions are spectactular; how mucho for the Bongster?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-24 8:28 pm   Permalink

Hey MacDougi, how ya been. # 52 is not even an Idea yet. I've been having real carvers block. Can't make anything, cant make myself make anything. the pain score of 8 and 9 doesn't help. I gota get out of this funk.My memory is si frazzled from the meds I take and I ain't gettin sh-- done.I must find my list and see if ther is anything I want to carve I have a boo purse for Motiki that needs new hardware and I can't make myseld get it done.My bad.
Bong make me an offer and I'll tell you if I can do one for that.depends on what you want and when I get back carving. you guys send me some emails.we can get it going again.
Ben

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 12:37 am   Permalink

Don't feel bad Ben... I went through a funk after HukiHurricane and then got lazy again after the honeymoon... I'm back and refreshed these last few weeks... and carving...

Don't sweat it... take a deep sea air breath and relax... you'll get it back soon enough...

You've done more incredible tiki in your life than most of us can ever hope for... and your work has inspired all of us!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 09:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-25 00:37, Lake Surfer wrote:
You've done more incredible tiki in your life than most of us can ever hope for... and your work has inspired all of us!

I second that!

Ben, looking forward to adding another one of your ultra cool pendants to my collection. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Lake Surfer, I went through a funk after HurricanHukilau also. I just could not get motivated to start drawing again. Desert dweller caught in a hurricane. They do not mix.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-26 8:03 pm   Permalink

Right, hurricanes don't mix well with much.
I will have a visit from Boutiki to pick up the giant old mask he aquired at hukilau. that may get me started again.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-26 8:43 pm   Permalink

C'mon, Ben. We're going through withdrawals here!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McDougall
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 4:01 pm   Permalink

Damn Ben I'm really sorry to hear that. If there is anything a fellow carver can do to get you back on track asap please let me know. Boutiki is one lucky mudda that carving is Beautiful!

View Profile of McDougall Send a personal message to McDougall  Email McDougall Goto the website of McDougall     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 5:25 pm   Permalink

Hey Benzie, that one you carved for Unga Bunga is just too much for me to take. Can I get one like that? It's the Hawaiian style with the big headdress. Killer.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-27 7:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. I couldn't ask for better friends, I really mean it. We have almost half the floors done and the fence is done and I'm almost done.
I'm starting to get the itch, so now if my bones will cooperate, I should be carving sometime soon I hope.
I'll be trying to update my carving list soon and verifying if the original orders are valid. Anyone on the list who has waiting forever for a carving from me can bow out gracefully by just saying so. No Problem or ill feelings as it seems like some of the list goes back Forever..
Thanks again, you guys have helped a lot
JT, ofcourse you can get one lke UB's. It was a Lono, about 3 inches tall I think.

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-28 8:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-24 20:28, Benzart wrote:
...# 52 is not even an Idea yet. I've been having real carvers block...

Hey, Ben. When I get stumped I just try to get "back to the basics" & build on that. Not just tiki carving, anything, really. Just a thought.

Get inspired so you can get us inspired. TC always needs a dose of good old Benzart inspiration!

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-28 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-27 19:40, Benzart wrote:
Anyone on the list who has waiting forever for a carving from me can bow out gracefully by just saying so.

Im not bowing out, just waiting patiently. Take your time Ben, when youre ready well still be here. But we do miss seeing your amazing creations.

Hang in there

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 09:10 am   Permalink

I Have feeling you won't be waiting much longer.

Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 3:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:
I Have feeling you won't be waiting much longer.

And so the sleeping giant stirs from a well-deserved rest.

http://www.NiceFishy.com

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 10:00 am   Permalink

A man that can walk from Kauai to Somoa on the Carvings he's done. A little time off is just a piss in the ocean. It aint just a drop and it wont make the taste any saltier. After all the masterpieces, its amazing you've still got ideas rolling around in that wizards skull of yours.
Always in awe.......

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation