FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki polynesian record research help please!
polynesian record research help please!
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:18 am   Permalink

Can anyone tell me any good sites on the web that have decent pictures of 50's and 60's polynesian records? I am a graphic design student and need to find some pictures of album covers asap for a project. Any help is greatly appreciated, I have looked all over the web and cant really find any good sites. I am particularly looking for 60's hula girl theme covers. Thanks.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonguroa Tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:28 am   Permalink

the above post is me, sorry I couldnt remember my user name since I havnt been on here in a while. I happened to remember one of my older posts and looked up the topic and was able to find the original user name. Sorry about the confusion. I still would love any help on finding sites of album covers if anyone knows any places. Thanks.

View Profile of Tonguroa Tigertail Send a personal message to Tonguroa Tigertail  Email Tonguroa Tigertail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-25 06:37 am   Permalink

http://www.hakushouse.com/hawaii.html

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonguroa Tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-25 8:37 pm   Permalink

OH wow!!! Thank you so much you rock!!! this is exactly what I was looking for! This is an awesome site. I really appreciate it.

View Profile of Tonguroa Tigertail Send a personal message to Tonguroa Tigertail  Email Tonguroa Tigertail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2004-11-26 2:39 pm   Permalink

Hopefully not overkill, but here are a few more. Let me know if you'd like a larger scan of any individual cover:

White-Girls Pretending To Be Island Girls

Actual Island Girls

Actual Hula Girls

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-11-26 14:46 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonguroa Tigertail
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-27 04:46 am   Permalink

wow thanks coconutboy those are just beautiful covers! You can never have enough of this kind of thing its definately not overkill LOL. I will get back to you on some of the covers I would like to have high res files of if possible. Thanks so much for posting these they are way cool. I wonder if anyone has published a book of nothing but polynesian record covers? That would be awesome.

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-28 10:10 am   Permalink

Hey Sabu, you have a record signed by Robert Flaherty, the famous director ??
Great collection...

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 4:48 pm   Permalink

Holy crispy crap! Those are some seriously cool LPs....!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 09:20 am   Permalink

Sabu, my panama hat is off to you. Those are very cool covers!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation