advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Buying Bamboo
Buying Bamboo
deane13

Posted: 2004-11-26 08:07 am   Permalink

Hey All, Long time reader,First time poster... Anyway, I'm building a small tiki bar and need a small amount of bamboo to finish - 12) 1" x 3' halves. My question is will companies ship such a small amount? I thought about buying torches cutting off the top and splitting myself. Now I can't find those since it's winter and I'm in Philly. Any suggestions would be great and I'll post pics when it's complete. Hopefully before New Years Eve. Thanks, Deane

View Profile of deane13 Send a personal message to deane13  Email deane13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tomanikitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-11-26 10:09 am   Permalink

Try www.displayandcostume.com you can buy bamboo by the individual pole there. Select "party" on the left hand side, then click "Hawaiian" under themed parties. 1" poles 8ft long are $2.65. Also their thatching for tiki bar roofs is excellent.

View Profile of tomanikitiki Send a personal message to tomanikitiki  Email tomanikitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
deane13

Posted: 2004-11-26 12:02 pm   Permalink

Hey Thanks for the link ! I think I'll go with them.

View Profile of deane13 Send a personal message to deane13  Email deane13     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thecaravanshaker

Posted: 2004-12-06 8:48 pm   Permalink

Michael's Arts and Crafts usually sells different diameter bamboo in 4 and 6 ft lenghts. Its sold year round here in Athens, Ga.

View Profile of thecaravanshaker Send a personal message to thecaravanshaker      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 10:36 pm   Permalink

deane13,

I'm in Ohio and I got a bunch of bamboo at a place called Crafts 2000. Do you have these in Philly yet?
-FB

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 10:54 pm   Permalink

What part of Ohio is it in?

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 11:33 am   Permalink

I bought bamboo at our local garden center. Not the best quality ad a lot of it is unevenly split or mildewed, but there were a few good pieces. Home centers usually have it in their garden depts too.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
deane13

Posted: 2004-12-08 12:25 pm   Permalink

We have Micheal's here, I'll try it. I thought I hit the jackpot on monday when I called some nursery's and one had them for garden stakes. When I got there they were painted dark green. Oh well! I did get it built last friday, I just need the final touches, (bamboo,stools, mask etc.). The funniest part was the usual crew came over for our weekly rum-drenched Friday nights and all stood around the bar for hours with plenty of couches around. It's funny when you find yourself more comfortable standing at a bar than sitting on a couch!

FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-08 3:11 pm   Permalink

Hale Tiki,

I'm in Springfield, pretty much in the middle of Ohio halfway between Dayton and Columbus.

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crewbus

Posted: 2005-01-21 7:47 pm   Permalink

I live in Philly too and found a place in jersey that sells bamboo, Its bambooandrattan.com, there number is 732-370-0220, not sure if they if they have a minimum order or not, I got 6 feet of bamboo fence to put on the front of my Tiki bar,

View Profile of crewbus Send a personal message to crewbus  Email crewbus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation