FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Big 'Ol Tiki Bash - Kicked @$$!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big 'Ol Tiki Bash - Kicked @$$!
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-09-29 08:59 am   Permalink

The Tiki Bash was without a doubt a memorable event (that is what I remember of it!). It included all the usual suspects as well as new tiki-loving faces.

Holden, you are the Man! Mucho Mahaloz for all your hard work.

(Now back to sleep)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-29 12:27 pm   Permalink

TIKI ALL THE WAY!!!!

What the hell am a doing up.... o-ya that f’n work thing...

Lots of NewTikiFaces! can’t wait for the next!!!!
(someone remind me to stretch out before hand though)

Have fun at Disneyland Folks!
(send jpg’s of the ‘dog pound dogs and turtle‘)

Thanks again Holden!!!!!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-29 4:31 pm   Permalink

Hi Everybody,

I must say that the party was a rockin' good time and let it be known that there is no way that it could have happened without the help of Bamboo Ben and Danny Gallardo and my colleagues Preston, Jorge & Lisa! We banged out some late nights there together setting the thing up and it wouldn't have been what it was without their help - Ben's giant Trader Vic's bar and Danny's painstakingly hand-built volcano were key to the function and form of this thing!

The artists... Jimmy C., Drew Brophy, Joe Vitale (who came all the way out from Florida), Squid (let it be known that I had no idea that he was bringing that little blue guy with the thing sticking out of his stomach!), Marcus Pizzuti (also thanks to Marcus for the last minute Easter Island set-up), Crazy Al, Danny Gallardo & Ben again and of course Shag who had the tiring job of signing... 14 decanter sets! It was all I could do to make his boxed sets happen due to the usual last minute glitch's - all that pre-booked are covered!

The Bands... King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis (did anybody notice that sitting in on vibes was none other than DJ Bonebreak - the drummer for my all time favorite band "X"...???), The Mag-Neatos and their fast and furious rockabilly surf and the Eliminators (with my biz colleague Preston on rhythm guitar) cranking out ultra surf classics as they are essentially one of THE ultra classic surf bands from So Cal!

Sven - our fearless leaders return was the key event of the night (unless you include some late night scantilly clad antics that I happened upon in various areas of the party and the outside grounds!)... I'm curious to know if there will be any tiki bash babies arriving in about 9 months!?! Sven's return was momentus (Reserved For "Insert a photo of Sven's head here")!! Welcome back Sven!!

Well, I hope you all had a great time - after I finally got to slow down and enjoy myself I looked around and saw what appeared to be a lot of people enjoying themselves. That's what it's all about and why the good people at tiki central spend our time here conversing with one another... let's do this thing again, ok?

Holden

I'd also like to throw in a last thank you to Hanford and Mig for keeping this site up so well and allowing us to air topics like these and other fun/irreverent and occasioinal dirty laundry topics whenever we see fit!

[ This Message was edited by: smogbreather on 2002-09-29 16:38 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-29 5:58 pm   Permalink

........in the immortal words of Joey Ramone, "Somebody put something in my drink!"
Was it you Holden?? Or King Ku Ku ? C'Al? Bax? Bong? Al Shelly? Tina? Sven? Judy? Shag? Chiki? Wes?

I'll find out and when I do, I'll thank you personally!!!

Wow! What a blast!! I haven't cut loose in a loooooooong time! To be 86ed/cut off from my own portable Trader Vics Tiki Bar was an honor!

Mahalos to the four animals at "Tiki Farm" for a night................................. I'll never remember!!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-29 6:34 pm   Permalink

Holden,

Thanks again for an incredible night! Tina and I had a blast and it was great partying with you all again!

I don't know how you do it, Holden, but you make everyone feel welcome and we truly appreciate your efforts.

Also, kudos to all the incredible talented artists and performers and people behind the scenes who made it happen. And Aloha to all you friendly Centralites out there!

Can't wait for the next bash!

Aloha,

Arty

PS - Thanks for the beer, Bamboo Ben! And no, it wasn't me who put somethin' in your drink!

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-29 7:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha all ! It was good seeing all the T.C. family together and enjoying themselves again. Sven, you international man of mystery, you are a trooper. Holden, thanks again, we had a great time, see you all at the next one !

oh and Ben, you are ultraaa ......

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 08:03 am   Permalink

Holden, the bash was a smash. I love the giveaway mug! Thanks for all the hard work - can't wait for next year!!

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2002-09-30 08:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:44 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DEBAGOGO
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 10:08 am   Permalink

Holden...bruddah...mahalo and to everyone for puttin' on such a bitchin' bash...moocho mahalo!! gogo and i had a blast!!! Thanks for the invite. trader vic's rocks...my husband's hangover proved to be an awesome time. we sooo can't wait to party with all the new friends we made that evening again really soon. peace out,
deb brockway

View Profile of DEBAGOGO Send a personal message to DEBAGOGO  Email DEBAGOGO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-09-30 10:33 am   Permalink

Polynesian Popster,

For whatever reason, my emails to your address come back as undeliverable. I'll try again later.

(yeah, I know this should be off site, but hey)

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 10:41 am   Permalink

Bong,
If
polynesianpop@NOSPAMyahoo.com doesn't work, try my work email at adrian.eustaquio@NOSPAMbestsoftware.com.

Poly-Pop *

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2004-12-19 21:10 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheTikiGuy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 11:02 am   Permalink

What a wonderful evening !! I take my straw hat off to Holden. Great to see all my Tiki friends old and new. Everyone was in true form. Fantastic job by Trader Vics. Looking forward to the next event. As usual, I will be posting PICS very soon.

- TheTikiGuy (Angelo and Alison)

View Profile of TheTikiGuy Send a personal message to TheTikiGuy  Email TheTikiGuy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamzeno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 11:38 am   Permalink

Holden, that bash was a blast and well worth the drive. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. I'm glad my wife finally met some of my Tiki Idols and a whole bunch of other cool people...and it was truly an honor to play Gilligan's Island pinball with Sven.

View Profile of bamzeno Send a personal message to bamzeno  Email bamzeno Goto the website of bamzeno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BC-Da-Da
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 4:27 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bong,

How many times did you go to the bathroom that night? Your pink mug seemed bottomless.

Many thanks for a great night... I really had a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting many of the collectors and appreciators of this unique culture that has developed over the last decade. I would love to collaborate with someone to write a review of this event for my magazine, "The Dumb Angel Gazette." If anyone is interested in putting their memories to paper, email me at:

bcxists@aol.com

View Profile of BC-Da-Da Send a personal message to BC-Da-Da  Email BC-Da-Da     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weezer2222

Posted: 2002-09-30 4:27 pm   Permalink

Great time at the bash. Good to see stentiki and aunty T, Big AL, and some newgoers
.. The drinks and bands were to
unreal and tasty .. What's next????
thanks again. jon

[ This Message was edited by: weezer2222 on 2002-09-30 16:31 ]

View Profile of weezer2222 Send a personal message to weezer2222      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 4:39 pm   Permalink

Holden,
I'd like to say a big thank you so much for the wonderful bash you and your crew put on,the wife and I had a blast, I got to meet a few ppl, but not many from tikicentral, Next time for sure, the drinks were great and I love the new mug and the a'hem (water pipe) king okolele mug. Cant wait till my shag set arrives, I was number 16 in line

mahalo

David -long beach/vegas.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation