FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big 'Ol Tiki Bash - Kicked @$$!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Big 'Ol Tiki Bash - Kicked @$$!
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 5:26 pm   Permalink

>>Squid (let it be known that I had no idea that he was bringing that little blue guy with the thing sticking out of his stomach!)<<
>>>I love the new mug and the a'hem (water pipe) king okolele mug.<<<

Hmmm, there seems be mysterious new tiki item out there that I havent seen yet:
THE TIKI BONG???
C'mon, no more hushed whispers:
Is there a tiki bong out there?
Damaged, yet inquiring minds want to know!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2002-09-30 6:03 pm   Permalink

Ugh..soo..very...tired.....

Talk about a great weekend. How's this for an itenerary:

Friday: Drive from SF to Oceanic Arts. Talked with Leroy and drooled like a kid in a candy store. Put the Visa card to the test. Drove over to Brea for the Shag exhibit which was much larger than I expected. I (can this be possible?) was disappointed in the lack of merchandise at the gallery. I thought there would at least be a cheap print of the show. (The Three Enablers is now #1 on my "Please make a serigrapgh!" list, but Josh told me not to hold my breath.) Then off to the Tiki-Ti for drinks with a friend. They really do still pour an excellent drink.

Saturday: Off to lunch at Sam's Seafood, then down to Oceanside to enjoy the excellent hospitality and fine cocktails of Alnshely. It was great to meet everyone there and see some familiar faces again: Polypop, Trustar, Tiki_Bong, Tina, Pup, Mike, Dr. Z, Johnnie, Robyn, and everyone else I forgot!!! (High Chief Al make heap powerful drink!) The Lagoon Room is top notch, and I don't think Al has even noticed the missing mugs yet. Then off to the Bash, where we waited in line for the gallery show. We met Baxdog in line after I overheard him in front of us stealing the one-liners I posted on Tiki Central. The Bash was great, and many kudos to Holden and the Tiki Farm staff for doing such a great job. The bands were great as well. Great to see Hanford, Randy, Naomi, Sven, John, Atomic, Vintage Girl, etc. etc. Too many to remember! Rebeca and I had a great time.

Sunday was a quick bit of shopping, then off to Disneyland. Suffice it to say, I never though I'd be doing a hoedown with TC people, but it was a great day. I'm getting worn out, so I'll leave it to other people to describe, but when the pictures get posted, they will explain much. Look for Maynard at the Tiki Room, and Sven on Splash Mountain. You won't be disappointed.

Mahalo to all.

-martin (& rebecca)

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 6:56 pm   Permalink

Damn! Looks like a great time was had by all. I'm really disappointed I wasn't able to come, (something came up). Hope to be able to make the next one!

...when drums begin to pound, my head full - BIG sound!
[img]http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/images/avatars/3fc1bc033d70dcbbea619.gif[/im

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000 Goto the website of Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
horizon mombo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 8:31 pm   Permalink

After alot of sweat and heatstroke
the party prepwork was ready and the Gallery was stuffed with primal adventurures looking for something more than modern culture has to offer.
After some Bitchen surf/lounge music from the band and a couple MaiTais,
and some beautiful introductions,My ride
was leaving,so I did'nt get to stay for the
freak show..(Next time, I'm driving.)
Quote of the day: "Behind every great
man is a beautiful woman;and behind every beautiful woman is a beautiful behind."

View Profile of horizon mombo Send a personal message to horizon mombo  Goto the website of horizon mombo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
horizon mombo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 8:37 pm   Permalink

Holden Mon,
Let me Know if I can help out again next
on the Spring TIKI Bash!
Thank You from Biff,Dave,Roxann,Mike
and Marcus.

View Profile of horizon mombo Send a personal message to horizon mombo  Goto the website of horizon mombo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
horizon mombo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-09-30 9:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: horizon mombo on 2002-10-02 11:38 ]

bamboo ben
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-09-30 9:26 pm   Permalink

Hey Atomic,
Thanks for bruising my ribs! I don't go for that "macho-ism" stuff. Hope you got off!!!

Into the volcano with YOU!

View Profile of bamboo ben Send a personal message to bamboo ben  Email bamboo ben Goto the website of bamboo ben     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2002-09-30 11:58 pm   Permalink

Dear Holden,

What a great party! It really was great to meet you and so many of the other Centralites! It was well worth the trip, the bands were awesome, the drinks were awesome, the goodie bag was awesome and man, what a big volcano! So worth the trip!

Thanks again for your amazing hospitality, see ya next time, Inky Louise

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 12:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-30 17:26, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
>>Squid (let it be known that I had no idea that he was bringing that little blue guy with the thing sticking out of his stomach!)<<
>>>I love the new mug and the a'hem (water pipe) king okolele mug.<<<

Hmmm, there seems be mysterious new tiki item out there that I havent seen yet:
THE TIKI BONG???
C'mon, no more hushed whispers:
Is there a tiki bong out there?
Damaged, yet inquiring minds want to know!

Dear Damaged,
Actually King Okole is a tiki water pipe (Intended for the use of tobacco products by those 18 years of age and older). Oddly enough, it received a rather warm response and sold out quickly. I know it gave Holden a chuckle, although I'm sure he will deny that too;)
Give me a couple of days and you'll be able to see it on squidart.com.
Great show and great fun! Thanks for having us Holden. Only wish the baby sitter meter hadn't been running......

Mr. & Mrs. Squid

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2002-10-01 09:21 am   Permalink

Damn it! I'm tired of us Tiki Bongs being held down by 'the man'. We get no respect!

No one wants to admit we exist. We live in the shadows, referenced only by euphemisms and inferences.

We are your neighbors, your parents, your Congressman, your ex-presidents (I DID NOT INHALE!).

I have a dream (er.. buzz) that one day tiki bongs will be judged by the content of their zip locks baggies and not by the color of their red eyes!

Rise up! and get me some Twinkies!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-09-30 21:26, bamboo ben wrote:
Hey Atomic,
Thanks for bruising my ribs! I don't go for that "macho-ism" stuff. Hope you got off!!!

Into the volcano with YOU!

Ben, sorry for the "Merry-Go-Round"-Hope your Mrs. still don't want to beat me-you walking yet? Some advice, no more Ramones for a while (Hey! Next time I wanna get sedated)

Holden thanks for a GREAT party and the goody bags. I still have not washed out my mugs.

CRAAAAZY A mucho mahalo for the java, I'll get you next time.

Al-n-Shelly, we are most grateful for you kind hospitality-Ya'll have a beautiful home . When I get a home I hope it's a 1/3 nice as yours. Al is some bar tender (Bax an K-get working on yours!!!)

I'm glad Bigbro is finally home. Vintagegirl says he makes a nice seat.

Glad to finally have met hanford-yeah, he does exist.

Not enough brain cells left for coherence but glad to see all the Tiki Centralites again. I was disappointed in one aspect though: We didn't throw anyone into the VOLCANO!!!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 11:23 am   Permalink

Wow, what a homecoming! Back in the arms of my American family! Thank you everyone for all the luv and warmth. Thank you Holden, may all your dreams come true. And thank you Trader Vic's for the uninterupted flow of expert concoctions, what a luxury.

I was a happy Zombie. Having stepped away from the camera at the cold river Elbe in Hamburg at 5:00 am, gotten on the plane at 7:00, straight to Tiki Farm, next day all day Disneyland...what a supreme culture shock, the way I like 'em.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 11:57 am   Permalink

Hey Atomic, I didn't sacrifice myself, but I did poke my head into the volcano to get the gizmo going. Not sure who copped a feel though?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 2:43 pm   Permalink

Let's not forget to thank Vintage Girl for giving all you guys who missed Teasorama a little taste of those twitching hips!

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-10-01 4:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-10-01 14:43, Futura Girl wrote:
Let's not forget to thank Vintage Girl for giving all you guys who missed Teasorama a little taste of those twitching hips!

I saw a little bit but tried not to look directly at her lest I get burned from the resulting inflagration!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation