FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge (Bamboo photos 6/1/05)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge (Bamboo photos 6/1/05)
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 06:28 am   Permalink

While waiting for our screened lanai to be enclosed -- so we can get started building the Honolulu Lounge -- we've been gardening...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12043&forum=7&0

Can't wait to get started inside!
KG & Wahine Marian

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-06-01 19:58 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-29 08:33 am   Permalink

I love that fountain! The whole pond set up looks so beautiful! Very nice job!
I need to look into a tiki spitting water into our pond, very cool idea, and a way for me to bring a little bit of Tiki to my garden.
again, nice job!

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-24 08:12 am   Permalink

It has been eight months since Marian and I moved into our new living space. We selected a small house five minutes from work that has an atrium we can covert into a sanctuary for our Scarlett Macaw, and a screened lanai we could enclose and use for our home tiki bar; the Honolulu Lounge. Florida's hurricanes set our projects back considerabley due to every available tradesman being put to work by insurance companies for the last six months. We finally lined up some people to do the work, however, and submitted our proposal to the HOA architectural review board last week. We are still waiting to hear back from them. I'll try to post pictures as the project moves along, but I have to admit the last few days of waiting for the project to begin have been the hardest; especially because the weather is warming and I don't dare put more plants in the garden for fear they will be trampled in the construction. Please excuse my bitching, but I feel like I have been more than patient. It's time to get this damn show on the road already!
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-02-24 08:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-02-28 14:14 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 1:56 pm   Permalink

Good news! Our project is approved and work on the concrete starts this week. Here are some pictures of the space we are enclosing. Hopefully this project will inspire others who only have small spaces to work with.

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-02-28 14:04 ]

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 3:31 pm   Permalink

It is not the size of the space that matters, it is the size of your Tiki!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 3:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-28 15:31, bigbrotiki wrote:
It is not the size of the space that matters, it is the size of your Tiki!

So true. Stay tuned. I've got a monster... heh, heh, heh.

[ This Message was edited by: KailuaGeoff on 2005-02-28 15:57 ]

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 4:35 pm   Permalink

Hey Geoff, now I wanna know what that reply said BEFORE you edited it!

...and about that monster: I heard that now you have TWO!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alnshely
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-02-28 7:24 pm   Permalink

K,
I love this home improvement stuff. i can't wait to see what you come up with.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Alnshely Send a personal message to Alnshely  Email Alnshely     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 06:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-28 16:35, bigbrotiki wrote:

Yes, I guess you could say it is a two-headed monster. But let's just keep our audience in suspense awhile longer.
KG

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 07:01 am   Permalink

nice KG, lookin forward to plenty of before and after photos!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 07:24 am   Permalink

Sometimes a smaller space ends up better because you don't have enough room for all your stuff and it ends up looking very Lush and ful like it's been there growing for years. Can't wait to see the project develop.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-01 2:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-01 07:24, Benzart wrote:
Sometimes a smaller space ends up better because you don't have enough room for all your stuff and it ends up looking very Lush and ful like it's been there growing for years. Can't wait to see the project develop.

Mahalo Ben. Yes, when we saw this space I started thinking Zen Tiki Garden; except Zen is uncluttered and tiki is cluttered -- but like Zen this project has required endless patience and contemplation of its manifold possibilities, if you know what I mean.....
KG

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 02:44 am   Permalink

I've got some gingers I brought back from Hawai'i and cultivated. Ti plants, too.

I'll start a few potted transplants for you and bring them to the grand opening.

You know - if I'm invited and all.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 07:25 am   Permalink

Pablus,
Of course you're invited! After the walls are up I want to plant a row of ginger under the windows. Some transplants from Hawaii by way of the Lagoon Lounge would be awesome. Maybe you'll have to come for the pre-grand opening?
KG
(Make sure you check your private messages)

Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-02 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-02-28 16:35, bigbrotiki wrote:
Hey Geoff, now I wanna know what that reply said BEFORE you edited it!

Good for you Kailuageoff. Glad to hear the monster's back in Florida if it had to leave it's home up there. Still wondering where the other one went...??

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation