FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge (Bamboo photos 6/1/05)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
KailuaGeoff's Honolulu Lounge (Bamboo photos 6/1/05)
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 07:10 am   Permalink

Seeing those pics makes me want to come back already.

I can't wait to make a room myself again so I can bust out my mug collection again. I wasn't sure if I was going to build another bar but the Honolulu Lounge has inspired me to do so. Can't wait!

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 07:28 am   Permalink

Fantastic Geoff!!!! Absolutely Fantastic. I really like the way it came out.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 08:20 am   Permalink

Looks great. Your at the point where I want to be. I'm adding-on and building a pool. Only I'm about halfway into it and can't wait to start decorating.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-23 09:13 am   Permalink

It looks like a great space and you are doing an amazing job

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 05:04 am   Permalink

Way cool. I'm really liking that blue floor job.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 05:19 am   Permalink

Beautiful Job Kailuageoff, I mean like WOW and now the drool wot't stop and I'm about to short out the keyboard.(I need a drool proof keyboard for this). I Love the tile you installed on the floors. Love the way you cut out the main beam for the tikis. Love the pix of you working your tail off. BamBen was probably taking notes. Fantastic room the MaiKai would love to have.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 05:26 am   Permalink

Absolutely beautiful! I enjoyed your step-by-step photos and the end result is stunning! And to think, you only had to lose a hand and a leg to pull it off! You had me laughing out loud with those pics!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 07:46 am   Permalink

Mahalo to everyone for the praise. Hopefully I'll have better pictures of the bar and some photos of my mug shelves in a week or two. (Yes, I still use 35mm film). I've started putting the bamboo on the walls and have hung all of the short bamboo beams on the narrow part of the ceiling.
KG
Ben: You are more than welcome to visit anytime. Just give me shout.
Flounder: Stop by whenever you want.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-26 06:59 am   Permalink

Wow, really nice job, the place looks excellent!!!

21x8...sounds like my living room, it is a totally odd size. Good for a lounge, not so good for a living room...I guess that's what I get for buying a house built in the 20's.

Keep the photos coming Geoff!
-Jason

View Profile of Jawa Send a personal message to Jawa  Email Jawa Goto the website of Jawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flacookz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-28 06:11 am   Permalink

I can really appreciat the work involved...great job and I also noticed your extensive collection of tikis.

Again I'm impressed and the workmenship looks great.

[ This Message was edited by: flacookz on 2005-05-28 06:11 ]

View Profile of flacookz Send a personal message to flacookz  Email flacookz Goto the website of flacookz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-01 8:10 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple of pics of the bamboo going up...

Splitting bamboo with a machette and a sledge hammer. AAARRRRRRR! Funny, but none of my neighbors have stopped to ask me what the hell I'm doing as they pass my open garage.

First section of bamboo inlay.

bamboo going up near the Imperial Luau tiki.

Here's another shot of the garden and pond. Our Bird of Paradise started blooming as we prepared to serve our first drink in the Honolulu Lounge. Surely, this is a good omen.
KG

[ This Message was edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-06-01 20:16 ]

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-06-02 06:19 am   Permalink

Ah, you're cookin with gas now! That's the way to split bamboo with less blood spilling.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 06:29 am   Permalink

What a great night at the Honolulu Lounge!

The place is spectacular. RIght out of a book.
You can really see the dedication to preserving the true timelessness of Tiki and you can feel the Aloha in the art items and the gardens.

Wow. You've really got something to be proud of there, KG. I enjoyed the Polynesian Paralysis over the Witco Bar and enjoyed talking story with you and Marian, Flounder and Mykainagirl and Madam Flounder.

Nice mug collection, too.
Get rid of your Tiki Bob now before it ruins the whole lot.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-22 07:55 am   Permalink

Yes thank you for another great night at the Honolulu Lounge.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-07-25 06:25 am   Permalink

Thanks for the praise and we're glad everyone enjoyed themselves. It's really nice to be able to share our little hideaway with such good friends. You guys are the best; especially Flounder's mom.
Aloha,
KG

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation