[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Killer Lava Lamp
Killer Lava Lamp
dogbytes

Posted: 2004-11-30 12:00 am   Permalink

wow, bad luck...

Exploding lava lamp kills Kent man

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

KENT, Wash. -- A 24-year-old man who placed a lava lamp on a hot stovetop was killed when it exploded and sent a shard of glass into his heart, police said.

"Why on earth he was heating a lava lamp on the stove, we don't know," Kent Police spokesman Paul Petersen said Monday.

Phillip Quinn's parents found his body in his Kent trailer home at about 8 p.m. Sunday. They went to check on him after his girlfriend reported that she couldn't get in touch with him.

The King County Medical Examiner's office estimated the time of his death at 2 p.m. Sunday.

After the lamp exploded, Quinn apparently stumbled into his bedroom, where he died, Petersen said.

Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 12:25 am   Permalink

I read an article in the newspaper that said; you can get high from lava lamp fumes.

NOT!!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 12:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-11-30 00:00, dogbytes wrote:
Police found no evidence of drug or alcohol use.

He was high on life.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 06:39 am   Permalink

I think the line "found his body in his trailer home" says buckets about him and his strange proclivities.

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shayne

Posted: 2004-11-30 08:00 am   Permalink

The idea that he even had a lava lamp to abuse thusly says a lot to me...by the way can someone help me get the wheels off'n my new home?

View Profile of Shayne Send a personal message to Shayne  Email Shayne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 08:08 am   Permalink

lava lamps don't kill people, people kill [thier] people[selves]

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation