FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki R.I.P. Po'ouli Bird (maybe)
R.I.P. Po'ouli Bird (maybe)
TikiGardener
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 10:42 pm   Permalink

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=624&ncid=753&e=10&u=/ap/20041201/ap_on_sc/rare_bird

HONOLULU - One of the rarest birds on Earth came closer to being wiped out if not already extinct with the death of one of the last three believed to exist, officials said...

View Profile of TikiGardener Send a personal message to TikiGardener  Goto the website of TikiGardener     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-11-30 11:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting that article.
At least there's the tiny glimmer of hope that the other two remaining may be evading danger since they weren't discovered until the 70's. It seems like people don't care as much about a drab colored bird going extinct, but if it's a spectacularly colored bird, they want to capture it, as in the case of Spix's macaw, a bright blue species.

I wonder if people will have random undocumentable sightings of the remaining two birds near April Fool's Day, like Ivory Billed Woodpeckers?

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation