FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tabu Tiki Nights VI Chicago... This Week! Don't Miss It!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tabu Tiki Nights VI Chicago... This Week! Don't Miss It!
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 12:43 am   Permalink

Updates in the following posts...

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-13 22:11 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 08:38 am   Permalink

Where is this?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:36 am   Permalink

Thanks for jumping on this early, Dave, and thank for the give-away. I am sure it will go to a good home!

I am also working on additional giveaways from some other well-known makers of Tiki stuff.

With all the free stuff, the Mele Kalikimaka and Aloha spirits in the air, and the appearance of King Kukulele from Los Angeles, this promises to be the biggest and best Tabu Tiki Nights yet.

If you haven't been able to make it to one, NOW is the time!

Here's all the info...

December 15, 2004:
Tabu Tiki Nights VI at Trader Vic's, Chicago!
With King Kukulele (from Los Angeles)

...and in 2005:
February 16, March 16, April 20, May 18 (no event in January).

Your island adventure begins at 7:00 and lasts until 11:00.

No cover!

Our musical guest is the amazing King Kukulele, coming to Chicago all the way from Los Angeles just for tis event.

More music by JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System (spinning vintage Exotica and Hawaiian music). James just bought some new vinyl, so listen for some new old tunes!

Catch all of your Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas) holiday shopping right here: Dave from Lake Tiki is back at Tabu Tiki Nights. You need a Tiki under your tree this Xmas! And, look for new pop art Tiki prints on display from Chicago artist EsQui, and cigar-box purses from the lovely Lissette. Plus, DSK designs will be offering their new 10th anniversary Elviki.
These are already going FAST!

Shakin' it once again are our featutred Hula dancers from Barefoot Hawaiian.

Free stuff from Shag (courtesy of Surrey Books), and Lake Tiki (a free raffle for a hand-made Tiki!), other surprises.

and of course...

1/2 price Zombies.

Free pupus (appetisers).

The legendary Singapore Symphony drink: served in a pineapple shell and only available at the monthly Tabu Tiki event.

It's never too late for Tiki carvers, artisans, and entertainers to arrange to bring their work for display (contact James):
tikibars@yahoo.com

Updated live entertainment schedules and further information can be found on the venerable Tiki Bar Review Pages site
http://www.tydirium.net

Trader Vic's is located in the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton at 17 E. Monroe, Chicago, IL, 60603. (312) 917-7317

See www.tydirium.net for Tiki Road Trip, global travelogues, and more!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 01:00 am   Permalink

This Wednesday is the big event! And I'm having a Holiday Sale at Tabu Tiki Night! Some of the best prices of the year on hand carved tikis and tiki decor! A bunch of new and unique items that would make perfect gifts for you or someone else! And I'm also having a free raffle for one of my tikis! You must be present to win... one entry per person please.

See you there... Mele Kalikimaka!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-13 01:02 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 09:06 am   Permalink

...and we have also added a 'progressive raffle' for other items in addition to LakeSurfer's stuff. The more tickets are sold, the bigger and better the prizes get.

Tickets will be 3 for $5, and the first 35 ticket buyers get a free Shag calendar from Surrey Books (that's a $13 value right there, so you get something whether you win or not).

See you all there!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 07:48 am   Permalink

I'm gonna make this one!

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 1:15 pm   Permalink

We should be there too! My first visit to Trader Vic's too! Merry Christmas to me!hee hee

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EsQui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-14 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hi JT,

I really wanted to go Wednesday night, but I'm 400 miles away! I'm not sure if you got my e-mail last month, but I'm in Lexington, KY, restoring an 150 year old southern mansion. Over the next several months I will be in and out of Chicago, but mostly out of town.

Do you have the dates for the next events yet? I would be glad to offer some prints for the raffle. If you know the future event dates I will try to schedule a visit. I am currently carving woodblocks for a series of 4 new original tiki woodcut prints that I would like to release at Trader Vic's. The carving and hand printing should be finished in a few weeks. Hope to see you and everybody else soon. Have fun, and have a tiki drink for me because around here the fancy drink of choice is moonshine with a Pabst Blue Ribbon chaser.

EsQui.

View Profile of EsQui Send a personal message to EsQui  Email EsQui Goto the website of EsQui     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 4:45 pm   Permalink

EsQui - what a bummer you won't be there! I was looking forward to catching-up with you and Lissette tomorrow night. You did pick the right time of the year to escape the Windy City & head South. I look forward to seeing some of your new work later - sounds great!!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-14 6:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-14 16:30, EsQui wrote:
Hi JT,

I really wanted to go Wednesday night, but I'm 400 miles away!

Rats! Missed you two again! And my wife is coming along too! Happy Holidays to you both!

On the other hand... more table space...
Tikis everywhere!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-12-14 18:54 ]

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 12:55 am   Permalink

Okay then.

Sorry for the mix up!

Look for EsQui's woodblock prints debuting at Tabu Tiki Nights in... February?

Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 09:15 am   Permalink

Quick question, where is the best place to park?? Never been there.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 11:34 am   Permalink

There is a Self Park, just east of The Palmer House Hilton, which Vic's is in. The lot is on the corner of Monroe and Wabash (Monroe is one way running east and Wabash is one block west of Michigan Avenue) Expect to pay between $15 - $25 I think if you stay for the whole Tabu Tiki event.

James or other Chicago residents may have another suggestion for parking?

BambooLodge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2004-12-15 11:34, Lake Surfer wrote James or other Chicago residents may have another suggestion for parking?

Dimethious,
Your best bet if you want to save on parking is to park south of Congress Parkway on State or one of the other east/west streets and hoof it....or it's about a $5.00 cab ride each way, which is still cheaper than parking.

View Profile of BambooLodge Send a personal message to BambooLodge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-15 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I will try that.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation