FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki Ornaments at Menards (now with pics)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Ornaments at Menards (now with pics)
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 5:26 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I just came back from Menards looking for a tree. Didn't find one I liked but they have Hawaiian themed ornaments. Tiki mug ornaments complete with drink umbrellas, metal Hawaiian postcards, snowmen holding pineapples, mini Hawaiian shirts, mini drinks with umbrellas, tropical fish lights, (no blowfish) and for the parrot heads (lighted parrots). I bought all the Tiki mug ones they had and one of the Hawaiian postcards.

Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks - Lin Yutang

[ This Message was edited by: Dimethios on 2004-12-01 21:02 ]

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:08 pm   Permalink

I've seen these at a few otherwise overwhelmingly "cute" Christmas stores in CA. Got mine at Orchard Nursery in Lafayette & a store in Folsom antique district. I was so happy to get the last green moai! They also had mercury glass style ornaments that were puffer fish, probably all from the same distributor.

The same store has ornaments that are supposed to look like the mugs with wahines & palm trees, but the mugs have handles like beer steins, so I passed.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:12 pm   Permalink

Anyone seen these in the Los Angeles area?

Thanks for the pics!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deery Luau
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-02 08:15 am   Permalink

For all you Maryland tikiphiles, I found the tiki mug ornaments at the Christmas store in St. Michaels.

View Profile of Deery Luau Send a personal message to Deery Luau  Email Deery Luau     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 08:30 am   Permalink

all of these ornaments can be found at your local macy's department store. someone already bought out the entire tree at the flagship macy's at valley fair. (now which one of you guys did this?)

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 9:11 pm   Permalink

A whole tree? Bah,hahahahaha! It wasn't me!

tikicleen, did you get your tiki ornaments, or did this tree hog beat you to it?

I'm too cowardly to step into a Macy's yet, working up the strength. Hard to shop with friends that have no tiki radar & humor.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-03 3:30 pm   Permalink

Nothing at Macy's Glendale or Burbank. Any sightings?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-05 7:35 pm   Permalink

If there are a few of you who just must have these, I would be happy to stop and see if I can get some to help out some fellow TCers, as we have several Menards nearby (they are based in WI....) & the one I was in today had several of the tiki mugs remaining in good condition. The drink with the strawberry & the margarita glass seem to be a bit harder to find without the umbrellas broken off of the strawberry one. The Tiki Mugs are about $3.95 each & this week all of the Menards ornaments are 1/3 off. They have the metal postcard ones, too. Anyway - email me if you'd like me to see if I can get some of these for you & let me know specifically what you'd like. Amazing - we have something TIKI in the Midwest that you West Coasters are finding difficult to get - go figure!

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 07:58 am   Permalink

Yeah Croe, good idea. We could trade the west coast folks for some real tiki mugs! Those are very hard for me to find at least. Oh and about the drink with the strawberry. I actually took that one off their tree. (the only one they had) I think I will go back today and take advantage of that sale you were talking about. I have some ideas for decorating my bar area with them.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 11:36 am   Permalink

Nothing at the Deptford Mall Macy's in south Jersey.

(Well, none of the tiki mugs, postcards, etc. There *were* three different Christopher Radko glass ornaments of tikis. $36 or $39 each--the price was so large it didn't stick in my memory.)

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-12-09 01:35 am   Permalink

Found these Tiki ornaments online while I was searching for something else:

http://www.radko.net/ra1011052.html

Oops. Here's another site that has three instead of two:

http://www.radkosales.com/christmas_4.htm

Evidently Radko has an Aloha Shirt glass ornament as well, with a tiki theme:

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-12-09 01:45 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 11:33 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-09 01:35, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
Found these Tiki ornaments online while I was searching for something else

Yep! Those are the little guys I saw at Macy's.

They remind me of the overly colorful tiki-themed paper plates, napkins, and decorations that were at Party City (and no doubt elsewhere) the last couple summers. (Not that I wouldn't still buy them if they were under ten bucks!)

[ This Message was edited by: Erika on 2004-12-09 11:34 ]

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-09 12:01 pm   Permalink

This year my wife surprised me with "Style B" in the top picture that Sabu posted. He sits proudly at the top of our tree. For the last month I've been hearing, "I know something Tiki you don't know".

[ This Message was edited by: MachTiki on 2004-12-09 12:06 ]

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-10 3:32 pm   Permalink

I was out picking up a few of these for our fellow TCers & I did pick up a few extra sets for TCers who may still be interested. I have 3 sets of the 4 tiki mug ornaments - as shown at the picture at the beginning of this post. The sets & postage are at cost, of course, which ends up as $9.84 + postage.

The first TCers to contact me get 'em!! Trades also welcome....

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanaloa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-10 3:36 pm   Permalink

I'll take a set or two ...

View Profile of Kanaloa Send a personal message to Kanaloa  Email Kanaloa Goto the website of Kanaloa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation