FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help please!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Help please!
UncontrollableUrge

Posted: 2004-12-01 6:18 pm   Permalink

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this? I found it at work. I work in a church thrift store. Ok so I was going to take a picture but my batteries are dead. I found this picture of a similar one. the only apparent difference is the coloring. mine is more beige. Anyway I find cool stuff at work all the time and I was just curious.

[ This Message was edited by: UncontrollableUrge on 2004-12-01 18:21 ]

View Profile of UncontrollableUrge Send a personal message to UncontrollableUrge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UncontrollableUrge

Posted: 2004-12-01 6:19 pm   Permalink

crap. i guess the picture didnt come up? maybe you can help me with that too? Anyway. this is wha it looks like:
http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/omc/abw

View Profile of UncontrollableUrge Send a personal message to UncontrollableUrge      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 6:27 pm   Permalink

I'm sure it's nothing of value.

You should ship it to me for a closer look. That way I can be certain.

Ku Ku

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KuKuAhu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 6:29 pm   Permalink

Oh, and there ya go.

Ahu

Fraternal Order of Moai

View Profile of KuKuAhu Send a personal message to KuKuAhu  Email KuKuAhu Goto the website of KuKuAhu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UncontrollableUrge

Posted: 2004-12-01 6:36 pm   Permalink

oh yeah and it says made for hawaii kai otagiri co. on the bottom.

MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 7:51 pm   Permalink

It's evil...
Quickly smash it on the ground and run for the hills.

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 9:45 pm   Permalink

it's worthless!! I'll give ya $2 for it cause I feel bad for ya....let me know if you find any more of that junk layin' around the workplace. I'll help you get rid of it...

just kiddin'... it's a nice mug though....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:06 pm   Permalink

It's a mug from the Hawaii Kai, obviously. Great Tiki-type palace in NYC, long closed. Check out Sven's little padded tome for more info, including a copy of the Hawaii Kai ad containing this mug. They used it to serve the "Wahine's Downfall" cocktail and it was a souvenir item, maybe $3 total for beverage and mug.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:08 pm   Permalink

Well hell, there's no beverage in it now. Whaddya say to $2.50?

If you're not a mug collector, you're off to a good start if you decide to become one.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:24 pm   Permalink

I hate tiki mugs, I mean realy hate them. You should too! Send it to me and I'll do both of us a favor and destroy that piece of crap!

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:26 pm   Permalink

Matt isn't kidding. He'll cut that shit in two!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-01 10:35 pm   Permalink

So what's it like working in a church thrift shop?

Is it a paid position, or volunteer?

Do priests come in often?

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 12:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-01 22:26, Hale Tiki wrote:
Matt isn't kidding. He'll cut that shit in two!

Damn right Hale! Even if I have to buy a $15 diamond cutting wheel for my dremmel! Now you got me really worked up!! I'm breakin' and cuttin' shit right now!!
AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-02 00:43 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UncontrollableUrge

Posted: 2004-12-02 07:16 am   Permalink

sweet. thanks for your help. I don't specifically collect tiki stuff, but I dig it. I basically collect whatever cool junk I find. Example: I found this exact shaker at value village for 50 cents! http://www.starliteroom.com/html/barware/cs024.htm

Anyway, I live in Quebec, Canada, so I'm always sorta thrilled when I find stuff like this because it's pretty rare around here. Oh and working at a church thrift store totally RULES. Old people get rid of crazy stuff. They think "Arghhh....I've had this thing for fifty years. time to get rid of it." and they don't know the value of anything. And there's always cool naked lady stuff.

ZebraTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

Rather amusing that people bestow the church thrift shop with naked lady items in quantity.

View Profile of ZebraTiki Send a personal message to ZebraTiki  Email ZebraTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation