FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Drunk again
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Drunk again
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 01:49 am   Permalink

Just got back form the V-Room right nere in good ol' Long Beachg Californ-Ni-A!!! It was my frined Candace's B-Day. Shes a bartender at teh V-Room. I was sporting a new Haw2aiian shirt tonight and sometihing funny happenned. This old guy like in his late 60's came uyp to me an dsaid, "Hey that's a nice shirt, that real Hawaiian isn't it?". To which I responded, "Yeah it's Kine Hawaiian, a new label I just found out about". Turned out this olad man new all about Kine Hawaiian. I mentioned that normally I wear pureley vintage Iolani as far as my Hawaiian shirts go. He knew all about Iolani. We started tal;iknig about Kennington and a few other labels. man this guy knew his shot. He knew labels I had never headrs of. Funny thin is he was drewssed all ska style imageine an old man in his late 60's dress in slaclks, a white t-shirt and red suspenders.

God I love Long Beach.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 06:56 am   Permalink

sweet!

you have to find a drunk-proof camera to bring with you next time

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 11:51 pm   Permalink

Yo Sam...whend they move the Viper Room to Lond Beach? I need to get back up there...life is passin me by. I could go for a Joe Jost special right now. That place is da kine since 1929.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-05 10:51 am   Permalink

No not the Viper Room, The V-Room. It's been there for ever. People hangh out there now whose parents used to hang out there when tehy were young, and there grandparents used to hang out there before that.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 7:29 pm   Permalink

Speakin' of Joe Jost, my Mom used to take me there when I was about 5 or maybe even a baby. I havn't been back yet. I remember the big jar of pickled eggs that I'm sure was bigger than me at the time.

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 8:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah Mean, I used to go there with my dad when I was a kid. Then when I lived over by Redondo & 7th St. in the early '80's I would hit Joe Jost at least once a week. They opened another Joe Jost In downtown LB but it was a slick yuppie place that catered to the business lunch crowd (blasphemy). The Joe Jost special (in case you've forgotten) is a Polish sausage, swiss cheese & dill pickle on rye, a basket of pretzils with a pickled egg and peppers on top and a glass of Pabst Blue Ribbon. Mmmmmm...yum.

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-12 11:26 pm   Permalink

you guys are so lucky, my parents never took me to bars.

seriously? your parents took you to bars when you 5?

Tiki-Bot and I are SO ready to be parents...

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 08:59 am   Permalink

Is Joe Jost a 21 and over bar or can kids go in and eat? Back then it was ok.

I think I'll get my Mom a Joe Jost t-shirt for Xmas. She'll love it!

Has anyone ever heard of the Tapit or Tap-It in Long Beach? It's not there any more, but if you've been there maybe you know my Mom. I use to play pool there when I was barely tall enough. Ah, the good ol' days...

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-13 11:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-12 23:26, mrs. pineapple wrote:
you guys are so lucky, my parents never took me to bars.

seriously? your parents took you to bars when you 5?

Somebody had to drive 'em home!

suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-24 12:59 am   Permalink

My dad used to tale me to a bar when I was about 3 or 4, but then again it was my uncle's bart so everyone there knew me and was cool about it. I don't remember much except playing video games and trying to shoot poole but not really being able to see over the pool table.

suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 10:48 pm   Permalink

Drunk on a Tuesday, I wa sdrunk yesterday too though and that was a Monday. I'll probably be drunk again tomorrow so you I beliveive in "Staying The Course".

tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-28 11:09 pm   Permalink

Arr, matey, Im drunk on a tuesday too! But I like to spend my wasteful wasted hours on SHOUT... why don't you?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 12:40 am   Permalink

Another Tuesday. It's 11:30 on Tuesday and I'm drunk again. Ey last Sunday I caught teh
Body Workd exhibit at teh Museum of Science and Industry. Teh exhibit close don Sunday so it was open 24 hours that day. A couple of waitresses a bartender and a stripper I know from Teh Wild Goose invited me to go out with them after they got off of work and tehy bought me my ticket. We ended up going at 3:00 AM. We were there from 3 to 5 Am and teh place was totally packed. When I thought about the fact that I got together with two waitresses and a stripper from my favorite titi joint and went straight to teh Museum of Science and Industry, I realized what a dork I truly am.

docwoods
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-26 7:05 pm   Permalink

Liquor,strippers,and science and industry-Sam,you know how to mix it up and have a good time!

View Profile of docwoods Send a personal message to docwoods  Email docwoods     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-02 11:27 pm   Permalink

Yup drunk agaiun, what us it Manday?

Well tiki Oasis is coming up again, good times. tiki Oasis and VLV are teh most fun I have each year. Although i really used to love Teasorama. Haven't doen that since the last one that was here in LA though.

Anyewqays, I am much looking forward to and needing this upcoming Tiki Oasis.

Word on teh street is, "A good time will be had by all".

Hey Spike, rmeember when we walked those two english chicks like 3 miles to theor hotle room and they didn't even invite us in once we were there like 3 years agao at a Tiki Oasis. Man that was rough. At least we got to get our grub on at Denny's on teh way back.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation