Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I need a Tiki Lava Lamp
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
I need a Tiki Lava Lamp
MusikaTiki-a

Posted: 2004-12-04 09:50 am   Permalink

Does anyone know where I can find a Tiki Lava Lamp? I've seen them before, but I don't know where to purchase one.

Thanks!

View Profile of MusikaTiki-a Send a personal message to MusikaTiki-a  Email MusikaTiki-a     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chisel slinger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 10:19 am   Permalink

target had them, or try spencers.

View Profile of chisel slinger Send a personal message to chisel slinger  Email chisel slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 11:18 am   Permalink

Yeah Spencers! I saw some cool ones there. Target may have retired theirs for the time being, it seemed to resemble a BarTiki style. I wonder about finding some of these out of season at the outlet malls.

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-04 11:59 am   Permalink

I got one at Target and one at Spencers. I got both on clearance, so I doubt if they'll be back. I'll keep a lookout, if I find one I'll pick it up......Welcome to Tiki Central.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Matt on 2004-12-04 12:01 ]

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MusikaTiki-a

Posted: 2004-12-04 10:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks! I know that Target had them, but they're all gone now. I'll check Spencers. Keep a look out for me! Thanks for the welcome.

View Profile of MusikaTiki-a Send a personal message to MusikaTiki-a  Email MusikaTiki-a     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreakBear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-05 12:53 am   Permalink

Does anybody know who designed the Target lamp? It looks like the work of a TC'r, if so Kudos!

View Profile of FreakBear Send a personal message to FreakBear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rattiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 06:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-04 09:50, MusikaTiki-a wrote:
I need a Tiki Lava Lamp

Yeah so do I! Someone please show me a picture of one

View Profile of Rattiki Send a personal message to Rattiki  Email Rattiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 06:54 am   Permalink

It's a longshot, but in many cities Target donates it's clearance stuff to Goodwill if it didn't sell at 90% off.
I've seen this scenario play out a couple of times with toys: someone at Target finds a box of stuff (or they are shipped a box quite late) that's already clearanced and they put it out. It scans as "not on file" and, lacking any better plan, the manager dumps it on Goodwill. Ironically, once it is priced at Goodwill, its back up to about 50% off.
I suspect Target's and Spencer's tiki lava lamps were made by the same company, btw, so they'll probably surface somewhere else with slight modifications.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dimethios
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 09:05 am   Permalink

Here's a pic of mine I just took.

View Profile of Dimethios Send a personal message to Dimethios      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MusikaTiki-a

Posted: 2004-12-06 11:35 am   Permalink

That's a great Tiki Lava Lamp! jealousy is stirring....

AlmostHuman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-06 7:29 pm   Permalink

I got the tiki glitter light and plasma ball too. The next thing on my hit list is going to be the moai plasma lamp.

View Profile of AlmostHuman Send a personal message to AlmostHuman  Email AlmostHuman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-06 11:03 pm   Permalink

I have one from Target and one from Spencers plus the Spencers Tiki Lounge light up sign. The close up is of the Spencers version (lava lamp). I know a lot of purists (and I consider myself one) scoff at the Target / Spencers stuff, but I think some of it it mixes in well. In the 2nd pic below you can see the 'new' lamps, 'old' s&p shakers, 'new' bobble head & 'old' velvet painting as I have them set up in my office.

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlmostHuman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-12-07 2:42 pm   Permalink

Who cares what purists think?If you ike it.It counts

View Profile of AlmostHuman Send a personal message to AlmostHuman  Email AlmostHuman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-12-07 5:27 pm   Permalink

MusikaTiki-a, what part of the country (or world) are you from?

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MusikaTiki-a

Posted: 2004-12-07 10:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-12-07 14:42, AlmostHuman wrote:
Who cares what purists think?If you ike it.It counts

I agree! I've found some of the best tiki gear at places like target, spencers, and even goodwill.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation